Old amp, New cab

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Zeek, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    So I have a old Peavey Renown 400, It was loud with the scorpions but very sketchy. It would change vol on its own, pop crack hiss n make noises I dont know how to describe,,lol. I think at sometime it has been wet.

I took the speakers out n put them in a 4x12 I had till I recovered it and put new speakers in it. They are in a box now.

I was tired of the amp being in the way and unusable so I turned it into a cab.
    Also some of you can answer this , Can I do anything with the reverb that was in it?

20191108_124636.jpg 20191119_150633.jpg 20191121_113941A.jpg 20191121_164611.jpg 20191127_093638.jpg 20191127_100313A.jpg 20191127_111303.jpg

new6659, Waxhead, Merc and 5 others like this.
  2. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    What do you mean, do anything with the reverb?

3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Why do you have all those loopers?

4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Looks great!

The old reverb tank? Check the model number and see if you can keep it as a spare.

Otherwise sell it. Tanks crap out. New Accutronics are made differently so people still look for the old ones.

Find a diy reverb tank project.

Zeek likes this.
  5. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Sorry , plates the bag that was in the amp. Can I make a reverb pedal i know a big one lol or something out of it, reuse.

Its what I do ... Lol

They are full ... full of different backing tracks, some have the same ones as they have all migrated to the same place.

Mostly blues swing jazz lounge country punk surf rock ect. in different keys. Some from Boss tone studio themselves and youtube mostly youtube.

Then I will also play a lil rhythm on it then play over it.

I know no songs ...no songs... buy artist
    Well 1 song. The Super Suckers "Pretty ------ --". Then I jusy play lead over that.

I forgot I can play "Black Magic Woman" also ,lol ... Ok there may be a few more but not many.

The only songs I do play I wrote myself and then........ I play over that.

I dont hang out with alot of people, only 1 plays guitar. If I go to a his place I just take one.

I know it doesnt make me much of a guitar player (MY words and My own opinion of self judgment ) but I can migrate from one end of the board to the other pretty well with fair speed when required and most of all I enjoy it.

Its like having friends in a box who play music and dont ask you to help them move.
    I think they look like this
    robertpalmer addicted to love.jpg
    I could be talked into helping them move.

That is a lot of loopers, Lol

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    wildeman likes this.
  6. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    The reverb is part of the amp, separating it is a huge undertaking. Best to sell it for parts.

Zeek likes this.
  7. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Thank You

8. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    The cab looks cool, great job. What year is that Falcon emblem from? I’m assuming it’s from a Ford Falcon.

9. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Thank You, Yes a Ford Falcon 1963

DougWheeler74 and Merc like this.
  10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Nice. I always loved those years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice