NW(ireless)D!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by CousinWarsh, Jan 7, 2019.

1. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    My brother was in over the weekend for Christmas, great to see him and made for a whole ‘nother week of eating and gifts. He showed up with this cool wireless cable deal. I’ve been walking through the house messing with everyone, it’s been a lot of fun. So far I’m not sure I’ll trade in my cable but I’m having a good time with it.
    Thanks Bro!

31F0BAD5-6BB3-42C0-ACC2-18080CDB7E3D.jpeg

thunder58 and pmac11 like this.
  2. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Others have said these were pretty cool, too. Every time I run across an ad for them I think about getting them (love the wood look). I haven't done it yet, but I suspect one day I'll give 'em a go.

3. BuddieGreen

BuddieGreen Gretschie

Sep 3, 2018
    usa
    u know iv never even thought about wireless. that would take alot of hassle out

4. Flouswa

Flouswa Synchromatic

Phil from Know Your Gear did a video about these, I thought they looked very interesting! You'll have to do a review on it after you've played with it for a while.

CousinWarsh likes this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    For the same reason I've always wanted one . Very cool , enjoy

6. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY

So I’ve been playing with these the last few days and I have some immediate observations. The sound is good but different and there’s a clipped type of sound that happens. Notes will sustain as long as you hold them but the second you shift to another note the signal cuts out. It’s kind of cool to kill finger squeak but if you’re used to some notes ringing as you’re moving around it will take some getting used to.

I was able to walk through most of my house without losing signal, that was fun but I have a small house. They come paired and ready to go so it’s plug and play there’s nothing to the actual use of it. They have a rechargeable battery with a Y charging cable so you can charge both at the same time. In all I think they’re fun, could be useful and work well. They do color your sound a little and the signal cut? is something you will notice.

I bet in a mix you wouldn’t notice it as much but playing around the house you hear everything.

Flouswa and wabash slim like this.
  7. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    There is a trade off in some sound quality for the ability and freedom to not be connected by a wire. Also, there can be some electrical signal interference at times, tho that's better than it once was. The other thing to remember is to have the things fully charged (or freshly batteried). The last thing you want is to run out of juice at an inopportune time.

CousinWarsh likes this.
  8. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I have the Donner DWS-2
    https://www.donnerdeal.com/collecti...electric-guitar-bass-transmitter-and-receiver

[​IMG]

Works great! Unless you leave it connected to your guitar when you put it on the guitar stand. I broke the switch on it but they replaced it because the unit got stuck between the stand and guitar. The pressure popped the solder joint of the switch off the circuit board. However, a quick message to the company got them to replace it for me.

I've noticed NO difference in sound quality from Guitar to Amp or Guitar to Pedalboard. However, I tried putting it from Pedalboard to Amp and it was all screwed up. I assume because the pedal board alters the signal too much.

CousinWarsh likes this.
  9. HypotenusLuvTriangle

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
  10. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
  11. HypotenusLuvTriangle

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I just ordered it. I like the headphone connecting option.

A quick glance at Amazon shows the same unit being labeled by different brands.

CousinWarsh likes this.
  12. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY

The headphone jack is cool and worked well. I didn’t use it too much as I was wandering around the house playing through the amp.

13. HypotenusLuvTriangle

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Yeah, it will work wonders for me with practicing while my son falls asleep. I currently can't play because I'll wake him up, and its a HUGE hassle setting up my Pod2.0 in the other room to practice.