NT(alman)D!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Sid Nitzerglobin, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Snagged this one via Reverb on Monday evening after some help from you guys (thanks again!). Props to UPS on this one, it was dropped off @ 6:42 PM last night in Detroit and was delivered undamaged at 10:38 AM this morning shipped regular old ground service :) It's a 1995 Talman TC630 in daphne blue
    [​IMG]

It's in pretty darn nice player condition aesthetically aside from some finish bubbling under the 3rd & 4th tuner bushing washers it took all day for me to notice. I plan to try to at least head off any finish cracking w/ some waterthin superglue under the poly the next time I have the strings off. I think it's aged to much more towards a light surf green than the pictures on Reverb were showing me, but I'm not complaining :)
    [​IMG]
    It arrived playing pretty well although the nut slots were pretty darn high and not matching up w/ the radius too well. Aside from just a touch of superficial wear on a the first few frets and a bit of a loose switch it seems rock solid functionally. I cleaned it up a bit, conditioned the board, straightened the neck a tad & set it up for a half step of float w/ a set of DR Blues .010-.046. Later in the evening, my luthier friend was good enough to make time after we closed to give the nut a bit of attention, give the action 15 minutes of his magic touch, and dial in intonation on his bench strobe.

I think I'm going to get along really well with this one all around: It's very comfortably contoured body and neck; fairly light and well balanced; it's got really nice resonance through the neck & body (surprisingly to me for the body since it's Resoncast); it setup very smooth & lively feeling & the vibrato works very nicely; & I'm really liking the lipsticks alot so far.
    [​IMG]
    I've only played it through the Mini Superbeetle so far, but wow, this seems like a pretty great pairing :D They are striking me as maybe the ideal strat type sound to me, like the best weighty, moderate output strat tones I would hope for w/ a nice hair/sparkle on the bite that seems to tickle the exact right spot of Vox chime/jangle. Hopefully it will react as well w/ the other amps. All of the pickup positions seem to produce sounds I see myself wanting to use, and there's excellent articulation and dynamics all around.

The neck profile is kind of a moderate depth, somewhat flatter C w/ very comfortably rolled deep shoulders. Happily the tuners seems to be working great, fairly fast but smooth, precise, and predictable. I'm feeling the birdseye too :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It didn't come w/ a case so I was really happy to find a spare G&G I had fits like it was made for the Talman
    [​IMG]

I'll need to spend a bunch more time w/ it to be sure what I've got, but intial impressions so far are very promising :D Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    DonArcher, Freshy, diamoroso and 4 others like this.
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Congrats! Looks like a really fun guitar!

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I really dig. Congrats!

4. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, best of the bunch!

5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Cool little axe...Congrats Sid:cool:

6. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Talmans are beautiful guitars. I'm surprised they haven't become much more common.

7. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats, looks great.

8. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Beautiful, congrats!

9. diamoroso

diamoroso Gretschie

Feb 4, 2019
    San Diego, CA
    Excellent guitar, great choice!

10. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
  11. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Great decision. She's a beauty.

12. dak55

dak55 Synchromatic

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    I thought you were going to stifle?:confused: Congrats on the better choice!!

13. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    If only the color had looked like that in '95, I'd have bought this version then!

14. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice