NsunglassesD... : ) What do you wear?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by larryb, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I have Baloramas, Shooters, and Wayfarers.

larryb likes this.
  2. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Love Clubs too;):cool:

club.jpg

Flouswa likes this.
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Love them!!:cool::cool::cool:

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  4. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Be careful. The “squint and bear it” approach contributed to my cataracts.

5. ramjac

ramjac Synchromatic

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    For better or worse, I’m an unrepentant squinter. I have a pair of prescription ray-bans with progressive lenses that I had made because they were “free” with the purchase of my regular glasses. They pretty much stay in the overhead compartment of my truck and don’t come out unless (a) it’s Halloween, (b) I’m vacationing on Tatooine, or (c) the sun is low in the horizon and threatening to boil the last drops of moisture from my eyeballs. Sunglasses have their uses and I should use mine more often, but then I look around and see people wearing them indoors, or after sundown, or driving with the sun at their back, or wearing them on top of their head and using their hand to block the sun (sometimes while also wearing a baseball cap turned backwards), and I. Just. Can’t. Do. It.

How’s that for a grumpy old man rant?

new6659 likes this.
  6. Yukimajo

Yukimajo Gretschie

Nov 4, 2018
    Exeter UK
    Here's my tale of woe. I am photophobic and as such sunlight causes me to have some serious neurological issues that have been compared to being somewhere between epilepsy and a stroke. However, if I do have to venture outside I wear:
    [​IMG]
    Made by the excellent French firm Julbo. These are mirrored and Cat 4 (filter out 90% of visible light) plus have the leather side shields. There is no top shield but as I wear a hat this doesn't matter. I do love Ray Bans but they aren't the most practical for me. As a side note my photophobia is how I came up with my user name. Yukimajo is Japanese for Snow Witch as my complexion is on the extremely pale side. I don't worry about not getting enough vitamin D, however, as yeast is a natural source of it, so beer and bread for me!

new6659, larryb and JHowdy like this.
  7. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Beer as a health supplement. You lucky devil! ;)

Yukimajo likes this.
  8. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
  9. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Not a fashion statement for me. Whatever is on sale at the Dollar store. (I hate paying the entire dollar:D)

larryb and Sabato like this.
  10. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    In my constant lack-o-dough I tried a 15€ pair of "grocery" sunglasses last summer. The black glass lenses were rather okay, but the frames uncomfy as heck. Never again, decided I.

11. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I have some cheap ones too....Got these funky red ones off Amazon...YES...of course, because they were red:cool:
    chea.jpg

Flouswa and JHowdy like this.
  12. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Soo...how does the world look like through red lenses and without the beard? :)

larryb likes this.
  13. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Better than Rosy!:cool:

Hope all is well in your world, my friend!:)

JHowdy likes this.
  14. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Absolutely gospel truth here. As an editor/animator/colorist, I rely on my eyes for my living. I spend more on glasses and general eye care in a year than most will in ten years because if my vision fades at all, I will lose business. Get your eyes checked, and wear glasses or contacts if you need em, folks!

Flouswa and larryb like this.
  15. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Don’t leave home with your ray ban’s, tortoise shell for me

3ACF549D-BE9C-4990-8CED-0A4ECE16DE60.jpeg

JHowdy and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    RayBans...Nocturne shirt... and cropped beard...You should be holding a Gretsch right now and I'd post that pic on the "cool Gretsch pics" thread:cool:

Love the shades, man!

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  17. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Still alive, Larry, still alive . And right now better than in last six months, because we found a new drummer and he's actually interested in playing ! The previous stick man was a good one, but had no time for (any) band. And what comes to the family, I don't know for sure but haven't given up yet.

Lähetetty minun H4113 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

larryb likes this.
  18. hogrider16

hogrider16 Gretschie

Oct 18, 2017
    charles town wv
    I've been wearing these since 1974. I actually found that I hold on to expensive sunglasses much longer than cheap ones.

Stefan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice