NSP

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by pmac11, Jan 31, 2020.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    New strings pending!
    Should be delivered within a week. This brand gets a lot of love here and elsewhere, so let's see what they're about.
    My apologies to Rick Beato, they aren't 7s...
    thomastik.gif.jpg

2. BrianW

BrianW Synchromatic

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    I think you are going to like them. I use TIs and they are worth it, imo. Last forever.

Let us know what you think once you get to use them.

cheers

pmac11 likes this.
  3. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Where did you get them?

4. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    Hmm, I never saw those. I'll be interested in a review. I use T-I flats on a jazz guitar, and they're nice.

5. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
  6. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    I’ve been using the TI flats and feel like a change so let us know how you find them. Although expensive they have a quality about them and do seem to last well.

7. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    I’ve been using the TI flats and feel like a change so let us know how you find them. Although expensive they have a quality about them and do seem to last well.

pmac11 likes this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    pmac11 likes this.
  9. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    For goodness sake, how long does it take to mail something from North Carolina to Toronto? I could have driven there and back several times by now!

10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Probably hung up in customs you know strings are a crazy commodity and they are probably doing research to find out just what ransom to charge you for them.

pmac11 likes this.
  11. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    They showed up the next day. Priority Express International, 1000 miles, 12 days. They go on the Streamliner tonight. Further updates pending....

Bertotti likes this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    You do know I was kidding a bit right. We ship to our dealers up there but it got so bad we had to have a parts place up there because every time it was something we needed to keep production going it would hang up in customs ten days.

pmac11 likes this.
  13. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I've learned to be patient when ordering from the US.

Anyways - these strings are great so far. Put em on, tuned them up, and they stayed there for 30 minutes. No stretching, no tweaking, none of the bothersome new string routine. And sweet sweet tone. Two big plus signs right out of the gate.

I also like the change in gauge. I'd been playing 11s, and these are a 10/11 mix, with the top 3 being 10s. A bit easier on the hands.

Bertotti likes this.
  14. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I noticed my tone changed on the strings after about an hour of play kind of settled in that was the swings though, no other way to describe it. But I have had virtually no tuning stability issues with the Swings or bebops. I can't help but wonder how these sound in comparison to the ones you got!

15. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    They are very stable and feel nice, if that makes sense. They sound terrific!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice