NPD...

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Merc, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    After a literally short chase via car of the mailman...

You all know what it does. The new graphics look great in person and I love the blue. Get you one.

5C4CF2BA-E753-49AD-8959-EE678146359D.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Nice , Congrads.

Merc likes this.
  3. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Love the design

Merc likes this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Looks killer ...... enjoy

Merc likes this.
  5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Magnificent! One of the best sounding Nocturne pedals ever!

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    That looks great. Too tempting but I just spent my 2019 gear budget!

Merc likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks guys. I would guess there will likely be a few other NPD threads popping up for the Fluid Drive soon.

It sounds stellar indeed. It’s hard to pick the best sounding Nocturne pedal for me, but this one is up there. They all fill a different category. It’s like trying to pick your favorite child, can’t do it. You love them all for being unique in their own way.

8. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Fantastic aesthetic here. Knocked it out of the park.

Merc likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Tavo just mentioned losing the pinup on the Fuzz Ray in my other thread. I wonder if this will be the same direction @TV the Wired Turtle will take. Of course we’ll likely be left in suspense for a bit with everything he’s got going on.

http://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/ltd-ed-nocturne-dc-fluid-drive.195506/page-3

southpaw185 likes this.
  10. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I gotta say, it is tough to have a wife and 12 year old daughter and watch movies, etc. where scantily clad women are treated as decoration and toys. Guys, we really don't get it.

11. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Looks like you’re all in luck then :). Maybe it’ll be in the direction of the Fluid Drive but with more Sci-Fi graphics.

Henry likes this.
  12. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    It almost looks surf green....

Enjoy it :)

Merc likes this.
  13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks. It looks great but I’d say more of an icy blue. So I would hold out if the goal was a strict Seafoam board. Although it’s hard not to have it on the board after giving it a go.

14. Chmason85

Chmason85 Gretschie

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    What is it, like a transparent overdrive or clean boost? Certainly looks cool!

Merc likes this.
  15. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Don't even know exactly what it is but it just looks cool.

Merc likes this.
  16. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    It's a transparent overdrive, the best I've ever heard. I lent it to a very good guitarist buddy, took forever to get it back, he kept coming up with really lame excuses: "The dog ate it" was the final straw. :eek: It is now back in my possession again! :cool: I have another one on order, just in case.

Merc and Henry like this.
  17. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I'm dying to get one but I have at least 10 dirt pedals I haven't even put through the wringer yet waiting at home, so I need to hear a slightly better argument other than that Tavo is a great kisser.

Anyone dare give some sort of sonic reference? Transparent? What does that mean in modern day pedal context? Timmy, Blue note, Klon, RC type of "transparency" or a combination, with some Brain magic?

Merc likes this.
  18. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    You get the drive and increased responsiveness to playing dynamics without suffering tonal alterations or frequency-dependent "smearing" of the original sound. That's my subjective impression, anyway. Tony Sims @TSims1 can probably explain it better with comparison references to some other pedals that you mention.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Merc and Ricochet like this.
  19. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’d say it’s a transparent light drive. Turn down the gain and you could use it as a boost. The Bass and Treble function very well.

I haven’t played some of those pedals so maybe @TSims1 can more rightly speak. But I would guess it’s more in line with a Timmy. I sold my original DC to pay for my El Pescadoro. I did miss it but forgot how great it sounded until last night. The Detroit Casket name is cool. But honestly the Fluid Drive is a better name for what it does. Even with the light gain it sounds transparent where the notes are still defined and heard.

I know Tavo only did 20 with this batch and he had posted the other day that half were sold. It deserves to be on more boards. Btw, it’s very sweet in the Mystery Brain effects loop if anyone uses it with one. I remember Tavo saying he designed it to go after the Brain. So he did a great job.

audept and Ricochet like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice