NPD

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by pmac11, Nov 5, 2018.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I liked the Joyo AC Tone so much I thought I try it's Marshall-like playmate. Sounds ok out in front of the Quilter, will see how it goes running direct into the A/D interface.

npd.jpg

calebaaron666 likes this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I hear good thing about Joyo . Enjoy-o

3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Synchromatic

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I have the Joyo Vintage Overdrive. (Joyo’s Tube Screamer). It’s not on my pedal board anymore, but i’m definitely keeping it around. Great quality at a low price.

thunder58 and pmac11 like this.
  4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Congrats on your new Marshall tone.

pmac11 likes this.
  5. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks. Still trying to dial in the sweet spot...lots of fun experimenting.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

LivingMyDream likes this.
  6. Stencil

Stencil Gretschie

Oct 19, 2009
    Gif-sur-Yvette, or the AF lounge
    Congrats on the new acquisition. Of the various bundles of amp tone concocted by Joyo, I understand that the AC, the British and the American (Fender, which I own,) are the three best.

Yes, their vintage overdrive is a nice retro addition to any pedalboard.

European players may be interested to know that most of Joyo's extensive collection of cheap knock-off pedals are rebranded by Thomann and sold even cheaper than Joyo usually is through other European channels. If you search for the Joyo product (eg: Joyo AC Tone) in Thomann's search engine, it will yield the house brand equivalent (eg: Harley Benton AC True Tone.)

Cheers,

pmac11 likes this.
  7. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I'm amazed with the range of tones I can get out of this thing. Still homing in on the 'always on' setting.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

8. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Nice! Was looking at some old Marshall Bluesbreaker pedals yesterday. $2-300!

pmac11 likes this.
  9. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Electromatic

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Ive got their trem pedal, it sounds really good. Definitely in the same ball park as the supa trem. Obviously not as flexible but a good back up for sure. Probably 90% of the sound for a sixth of the price! As ever ymmv.

pmac11 likes this.
  10. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Yes I looked at those too, and then considered the Marshall BB2. Then I saw a You Tube video that AB'd the BB2 with a Mooer Blues Crab, which by some accounts is a clone of the first Bluesbreaker pedal. No comparison, the Blues Crab was way better IMO. So there's one of those on the way too. No qualms buying a clone of something that's no longer made !

Then I considered a Tech 21, until I saw a YouTube video that AB'd the Joyo against the Tech 21 it's supposedly based on. The Joyo delivers 90% of the tone at 25% the price.

11. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Synchromatic

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Yeah, before I got the Joyo Vintage OD i watched a youtube video where someone was a/b’ing it with a TS9. It worked on me.

pmac11 likes this.