NPD Saturnworks content

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by rockinforJesus, Mar 8, 2019.

1. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    5593173C-CCD4-477E-95DD-5D3D17F0F11E.jpeg 7640989A-94D0-4742-98EC-6BE2C373CB3D.jpeg Just got a Saturnworks Favorite Switch for my Strymon Brigadier.
    Delivered to my door with a Hosa 1/4” TRS patch cable for $31.
    Sure, it is a simple device, and I could have built one myself, but for that price point for something hand-made... good stuff.

Anyone using a Favorite Switch with your Strymon delay pedal, and if so, what do you use it for?

2. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

I'm curious about what a favorite switch does. I have never heard of one before.

new6659 and thunder58 like this.
  3. rockinforJesus

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York

4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Aaaaah. I guess you can tell that I don't have pedals with presets. Looks like that pedal is a great addition to your board. Congrats!

rockinforJesus likes this.
  5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    The grafics look crazy good.

6. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I have a dual fave switch by Analog Endeavors that goes between and gives me an extra preset each on my Flint and my DIG.

7. rockinforJesus

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    I know, right?
    And you get to choose what graphics you want from their available options.
    Really great quality for what they charge.
    Hopefully this thing works well and lasts a looooong time.

loudnlousy likes this.
  8. rockinforJesus

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Tony, how do you like the reverb on the Flint?
    I really like my Supa Trem, but have stumbled across some Flint videos.
    My HOF has some decent reverbs, but Strymon seems to take reverb to the next level. ...but I have my eye on an Immerse... first world problems

TSims1 likes this.
  9. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Cool tool and it looks like the rings of Saturn in color

10. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I really like the Flint. Really good tremolo, and really good reverb. The magic is that’s it’s really good tremolo and really good reverb in ONE box. That’s why it’s on my board.

HOWEVER - imo, Neunaber wins the reverb challenge. I think Neunaber stuff is amongst THE best in the whole biz. I’m actually reconfiguring my board as we speak(type?)to make room for my new Neunaber Neuron.

11. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats. I just got a two button one for my amp.

I also have the flint though it's not on my board as I dont need the reverb. I will hold onto it for a direct board I might make some day. I do use the mobius trem as well, which is supposed to be the same term as the flint plus some panning.

For the flint, I have a t1m pedal with 2 foorswitches and a toggle switch. One foot is a favorite. The other is tap tempo. Unfortunately, you have to use the toggle (substitutes for an action taken on the flint) to make sure the right foot switch is active.

12. rockinforJesus

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Still trying to decide what will be my favorite setting.
    For anyone who knows, does the pedal keep that setting in memory after it is powered down?
    I have not had any time to play with this since I got it.

13. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Yes it does.

14. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Well, I had my favorite set to a specific harmonic trem setting that I used for a song, and I would hit the favorite for that.

All the knobs would be for a regular trem and with my extra foot switch for tap tempo; I often adjust depth when playing with others anyway. For the reverb side, I had set on a vacuous plate setting that I used for a specific song (thing White Rabbit type reverb).

This is reverse of what I usually do; i.e. the favorite is usually the setting I use most, as it is on my el capistan (long delay). Kinda depends on how you want to use it. If the reverb is always on, and you have a trem setting you plan to use most, I would set the favorite to those settings, trem off (I think the favorites will remember if you have one side on or off), so you can always have the trem ready. Then the knobs can be the secondary settings you want.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice