NPD - I know you all have one

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by MikeyUK, Dec 21, 2018.

1. MikeyUK

MikeyUK Synchromatic

Dec 15, 2016
    Rochdale, GB
    509AD002-7C99-4466-9868-90A14EEE8F05.jpeg Here’s my present to myself an MXR carbon copy delay. Very cool even if I say so myself. I’ll have to get one of those Ibanez tubescreamers next I suppose.

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  3. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I don't have one , but I do need a delay . Enjoy your present

4. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I do have one...congrats!

5. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Gretschie

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    I have a tubescreamer in front of a carbon copy, it sounds pretty good.

Lionpotato likes this.
  6. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Technically I have a new Friedman Golden Pearl. I bought and paid for it on Dec 9th but it was consigned via USPS. They sent it to Dubai instead of Sydney and it now appears to have gone missing. I'm about to raise a dispute with PayPal over non-delivery. Merry Xmas, USPS. You f##ked up mine! :mad:

drmilktruck and dak55 like this.
  7. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    no pedals here. maybe for next Christmas

8. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Congrats on the Carbon Copy delay Mikey!

9. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Nope.....Rat and AD9 here! But congrats on your new stuff.

10. MrClint

MrClint Electromatic

Nov 27, 2017
    Lake Balboa, CA
    It's all about what you need in a delay pedal. I mostly just use a little slapback, so I don't need more than what I get in my DAW, Mustang I v.2 amp or Donner Alpha Force 3-in-1 pedal. Also, putting the delay pedal in the FX loop can be pretty cool as well.

11. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Not a huge fan of USPS myself but keep in mind they do not deliver overseas, the consign it to another carrier. That mix up is more then likely the doingnof whoever got the package from USPS. If it is a routine issue USPS should find a different company to use. Funny thing is in the states one of USPS customers was at one time UPS. Such a mixed up world.

12. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    I use a handwired TS into a Carbon Copy delay for overdrive lead. Pretty sweet!

CousinWarsh likes this.
  13. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Congrats!
    I considered a carbon copy when i was analog delay hunting. I like the dark sounding echos.
    I did just get a genuine ibanez tube screamer ts9 though. Not sure i really need it, but it was $45 in reverb so i jumped on it.

14. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    I have the same MXR Carbon Copy. Excellent stuff.
    I don't like the TubeScreamer "formatted" tone at all.

But it's me, OK ? :D

A+!

15. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    Yes, Carbon Copy for me too.

Tried a few others over the years but the CC does everything I want.

Lionpotato and larryb like this.
  16. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    It may sound idiotic but I bought lots of pedals during the last 20 years that I never use but store in a drawer.
    More than two decades ago I got rid of all the effects in my signalchain and everything feels so easy und unproblematic since then. Guitar-cable-amp-speaker= troublefree performance+great tone.

Nevertheless I did not stop to buy these stompboxes for what reason ever. I know that noone can understand this weird urge.
    Maybe I do this because I love to throw in a different flavour every now and then when recording.
    But still there are pedals that I really never plugged in after buying them.

(There is a new project in sight that may require some effects and my friend Markus offered to build me a nice foolproof pedalboard with all the effects needed for it. I am still hesitating because I still remember all too well all the hassles that come with a omplicated pedalboard. Especially the tone-degeneration. But he promised to solve these problems. Good man.)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Lionpotato and thunder58 like this.
  17. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I hear ya . I'm debating on a chorus pedal ... I have a Roland JC-40 amp with the classic chorus effect built right into the amp so it makes no sense to buy a pedal . Crazy ... I just love a chorus sound but can't justify buying a chorus pedal to " sit in the drawer "

loudnlousy likes this.
  18. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I am trying to get away from pedals completely.....but I still keep drooling and buying new ones....AHHHH....I need to enroll in a 12 step program to help with my addiction, but I keep signing up for the "12 STOMP" program instead:cool:

loudnlousy and Floo like this.
  19. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Loved my CC but never bought a tube screamer. I haven't really used the CC since I got the mystery brain. I should probably let it go. Over the last couple of years, I also bought the Ubangi, Sletzerado, and FuzzRay. All of them sound great. But now I never really use the RC Booster or Barber LTD SR anymore. But how do you bring yourself to sell a pedal? So three pedals just sitting and I think about selling but just haven't gotten that far yet. What if I need them someday!

Lionpotato likes this.
  20. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Thinking about a delay, not sure why.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice