NPD: GGG EA Tremolo

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Teledriver, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Teledriver

Teledriver Gretschie

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    Ain't she a beauty?

Yeah, absolutely no pics to show for it, so it didn't happen (yet...meaning I haven't wired it up or anything, so as a pedal it doesn't exist yet.)
    Ordered Saturday, arrived today, that's 3 business days.
    My first pedal self-built, and it's over-do as a project. It's something I could have done before, but now seems the time, right? Sigh...
    I have a Tuna Melt attached to my big board, but with the arrival of my NUX Atlantic to give some portable Reverb/Delay for my porch/pickin' amps without it, I needed some CCR, right? This, and the timing, was the ticket to add to the portability fleet.
    I may mount the Atlantic and this box to an upside-down "J" piece of crafted wood or a nylon guitar strap or something, to just drape over the top of these amps for easy carry during these "1-Trip" trips outside to the deck for porch pickin'. The Atlantic is very similar to the 1590BB enclosure I got with this tremolo, just a bit smaller.

1-Needs a name
    2-Needs a finish, and really leaning towards bare etched, or even bare with copper overlay etched attached as a face. Never tried it, I'd love the challenge. Probably salt water/electricity for the ease, but can't yet rule out chemical etching (when the weather and temperature allows for outside ventilation a little better). If only I knew anyone I know had a laser printer...

I'd first wanted to paint it up, then clear coats over it, but banging around more than usual as a portable unit would I think just cause all kinds of relic that would make a nice finish not worth the trouble. Plus I like the industrial relic look you get with bare metal and etching (can you say "Gretsch by Bigsby" B3 vibrato??). Still undecided.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    GlenP likes this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Work on making a really solid circuit board first. the enclosure is the frosting on the cake. Be sure to use good components all around.

loudnlousy and GlenP like this.
  3. Teledriver

Teledriver Gretschie

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
  4. Teledriver

Teledriver Gretschie

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    UPDATE: Last wire soldered on yesterday at 3:30-something pm Central. Hey it works (seriously I thought it wouldn't)!!
    There it is, a tremolo I pieced together. Works too. But sounds a bit thin, and the depth pot seems to do nothing...
    Oops, a big 'ol non-stripped, non-tinned wire staring at me that wasn't soldered to, of all places, the Depth pot. Soldering iron still hot, so...
    Fixed and done!
    She lights, she light-pulses, she tremolos. She Boosts and she Bypasses. She bop? Not sure. Done and almost done.
    She ain't got no name and she is aluminum and she got no labels.
    And she is a she not a it. It was an it, then I played around with it, and today it has become a she. Wait, I'm in Iowa, not California!! Ain't the times today confusing??
    Again, no pics 'cause, well, it's just a stock 1590BB aluminum enclosure with a red LED and a greed LED, two stomp-switches and 4 black knobs. Yawn!

blueruins likes this.
  5. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congrats on your first self-built pedal, Teledriver!

I'd sure enjoy hearing it when you have time, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice