NPD, Fulltone Full drive 2

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by wildeman, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:52 PM.

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    So another used Fulltone pedal popped up at my local pawn for cheap and i got it. This pedal is pretty awesome, really works well with Gretsch's too. Right now i have it set to very light OD and it's got a nice, clear HiFi kinda tone with a bit of hair, it's very versatile and does the tube screamer sound too if that's what you want (i dont:D). I like this one alot. 15527082602261285881921.jpg

Freshy, pmac11, Merc and 4 others like this.
  2. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    yeah I have one on a pedal board.
    It's an excellent versatile OD pedal.
    Been around long time but still one of the best imo :)

wildeman and Ricochet like this.
  3. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Before I bought my first gretsch and joined this forum and discovered Nocturne gear I used one of these with a Princeton reverb RI and my Les Paul. It’s a great sounding pedal. Congrats!

wildeman likes this.
  4. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    I have one too. Great pedal with a nice range of overdrive to chimey clean boost to heavy rock with out getting into dreaded shredder territory. The shelve I had it on fell off the wall recently and the little Comp Cut/FM/Vintage switch broke so I gotta get it fixed. The question is what will cost more... repairing it or just buying a new blemished one straight from Fulltone. I need to contact my local all purpose musical repair house to see what they'll charge me to fix the switch.

Since the MOSFET 2, I've heard the FullDrive 3 but still prefer the 2. It's a keeper.

wildeman likes this.
  5. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Get a new one and sell your broken one on Reverb. There are actually people out there who can still fix stuff like that.

wildeman likes this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    It's a DPDT on/on/on switch, shouldn't cost you much.

wildeman likes this.
  7. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    That should be a pretty easy fix.

8. rich724

rich724 Gretschie

Apr 16, 2013
    Linden, MI
    I had one but it died after a year. Didn't keep the receipt. My first dealings with Fulltone. Needless to say I won't be doing that again. Bought a Boss OD pedal. Should last forever like my other Boss products. Built to last.

thunder58 likes this.
  9. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Plus one. It's a 10 dollar part.

wildeman likes this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Nothing like a NPD , enjoy

wildeman likes this.
  11. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Understood, i still won't buy a GM product again unless it's a classic.

pmac11 likes this.
  12. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nice looking pedal, congrats!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

13. Jimi D

Jimi D Electromatic

Nov 29, 2017
    Ottawa
    Congrats... I've had an FD2 on my pedal board since 1999... I actually had one of the original silver box versions but sold it a few years back to a collector... I still own two Custom Shop editions, one Mosfet, one not (10th & 5th Anniversary editions, respectively)... they both sound great. It's unassuming and versatile and nearly ubiquitous, and it's my favorite pedal ever...

Here's a pic I took back around 2002 when a friend of mine and I got together to compare my FD2 with his original Ibanez TS-808... Digital cameras were still pretty primative back then; this pick was cropped but not reduced:

[​IMG]

My bud's owned that TS-808 since it was new - I was with him when he bought it - and it's his primary drive to this day... We both agreed that the silver box Full-Drive 2 sounded just as good...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019 at 12:54 PM
  14. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Yep, I'm digging it alot. It's gonna be the centerpiece of board #3, board #1 has a Morley JD 10 (killer) as its center, board #2 has a Brain (also killer) and #3 this one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice