NPD ~ Carbon Copy

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Jelly Roll Horton, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Synchromatic

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    After reading many past discussions about delay/flashback/echo pedals I decided on the MXR Carbon Copy. I'm not a vast pedal guy, but this one is a very nice tool and so easy to work with. It gives just the right rockabilly slapback sound I've been looking for, and the price was right! It's gonna be fun exploring new sounds with this thing.

2. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Been a carbon copy fan for 10+ years. I have several, because I have several pedal boards. Recently got the new Carbon Copy Mini, which also has a Bright switch, emulating either the standard CC or the newer CC Bright at the flick of a well protected switch. They are great pedals IMO, bet you'll continue to like it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  3. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Synchromatic

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    Carbon copy is a great pedal, you’re gonna like it!

T Bone likes this.
  4. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    My Carbon Copy in my favorite pedal.
    I use it with all of my music. Enjoy your new toy.

T Bone likes this.
  5. Jelly Roll Horton

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    It was your comment, Charlie, on an earlier thread, that finally decided me.

T Bone and Charlie westside like this.
  6. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Wow! That's great to know I hope it lives up to the hype I gave it. I truly enjoy it. Hope you like it. It's no nonsense simple.

7. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Love NPD threads ... enjoy and have fun :)

Charlie westside likes this.
  8. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Enjoy it! New pedals are fun.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

9. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    Carbon copy is a great one!

10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Delays are simply all around goodness to play and create with. Congrats and enjoy!

11. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Pedals are a musicians erector set, you start with one then you build on that and add and assemble the chain then pull it apart and reassemble.... Add some more etc.

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    @Jelly Roll Horton do you have a Mystery Brain? The CC was cool in front behind and in the loop. I was having a ball with it in the MB loop before the echo. Not to sure it is very useful that way in the real world when you gig. I don't gig I paly like crap but I have fun. The echo on the CC was crazy fun for me.

13. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    The Carbon Copy enjoys a solid fanbase among my fellow guitarists over here.

14. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    are you engaging the modulation? Real rockabilly echo employs a very dimensional aspect of tape chorus/warble. Some of the post Blue Caps recordings of Cliff Gallup reveals a raw look at his echoplex sound and its modulation artifacts. The tape machine doubling from sun studios also brought this aspect into the slapback effect IMO

pmac11 and Charlie westside like this.
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Oh yes, the mod button is on almost all time on mine well worth trying to see how you like it.

16. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    It's a great pedal ,i don't really do pedals ,i have CC and a cheap overdrive and that's it.

MikeyUK and Charlie westside like this.
  17. Jelly Roll Horton

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    The Mystery Brain was a serious consideration for me, but since I am relatively new to electric guitar and pedals, and I don’t play out, The Brain seemed way more than I need or could handle at this point. Maybe a year or two from now, though.

Bertotti likes this.
  18. Jelly Roll Horton

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Yes, first thing I tried was the Mod button, running through Folsom Prison Blues. Wowza! Great sound! There are a couple switches in the back I don’t know how to use yet, but maybe someone can advise me. The manual is pretty thin and there is not much guidance on YT either. But at the same time the pedal is very simple, so just playing with it will probably receal most of its secrets.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  19. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    It is a great pedal, I really like mine.

The tape you ask?

I play at night a lot in low light and the lights on the MXR pedals are very bright. I’m sure that is great for daytime on stage but for me I just tamed them with a bit of painters tape on the pedal board.....Oh ya, mine really is a board, a scrap piece of wood from another project. :cool:

AE47CEBA-BE8B-46F4-944F-FD7931C7CC74.jpeg

20. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    the internal trimpots control the width of that modulation (how wide the pitch bending is) and the speed of the pitch bending. you can get that modulation just how you need it

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice