NPD...Barber LTD SR First Impressions

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by blueruins, Mar 14, 2019.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Aloha all. Just received this Barber pedal from user bertotti (who is a great guy to buy gear from). It is a fantastic pedal so I thought I'd share my first impressions in case you're searching for a transparent Overdrive.

The thing I'm loving abut this pedal is that it really doesn't fundamentally color your tone unless you want it to. From 9 to 12 on the gain knob your bass stays just as tight and focused as before. There is no fizziness to be found. The upper registers get just slightly fatter at 9 and as you turn up the harmonics are increased but it doesn't sound crushed or compressed at all. It just feels exactly like you've got a magic attenuator and you cranked the amp into the sweet spot.

Getting the gain past about 1 and the LTD starts getting fat enough that your bass starts to sustain and compress to the point of losing some snap and definition. It sounds to me very Bluesbreaker like in character. Warm and singing lead tone. Great blues lead tones to be had.

I think this is going to be a perfect pedal for Praise and Worship. It has a huge range of overdrive from "is it even on" to myriad shades of power tube overdrive. I am so impressed at the natural sound of this gain. You will certainly be able to find just the right amount of gain that gives a little cut and attitude before getting into hard rock territory.

Blues and roots players will love this as well.

Looking forward to experimenting with a TS-808 and TC Spark poster to see how it interacts.

This is exactly what I've been searching for.

2. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congratulations, glad you’re enjoying the pedal.

blueruins likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Damn, you tryin to make me miss it? Hahah I don’t, it needed to be used and I think it found a great home. I was surprised when Barber stopped making them it is an LTD he tweaked to be very very transparent. By the way my emails with Barber were always answered right away and professionally, they were a pleasure to talk with.

I am very Happy you’re loving this pedal! I would have felt bad if you didn’t.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    blueruins likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice