Now that they're collecting tax.....

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by SWoody, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I agree. And a sales tax and a value added tax (VAT) are also different things. The former taxes each transaction, whether the product is new or used, and the value added tax only taxes the additional value added, so usually would not apply to used goods as no additional value had been added.

panhead6zero likes this.
  2. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

If they were to reduce to say 3% to add the other, just how long do you think it would be before they decided to start inching that tax back up to it's original level? I recall hearing government arguing of a tax that it "hadn't been raised in over 20 years". It was a tax of x%. So a fixed percentage tax is naturally supposed to move to a higher percentage over time? Makes no sense. Their incessant greed and uncontrollable spending will be the ruination of us all.

Henry and panhead6zero like this.
  3. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Well where they really get their biggest break is income tax. They are exempt from income tax on the money they take in. But that is leaning towards a discussion I don't think we can get into here.

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice