Nocturne Moonshine and baby Blondeshell ??

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Bertotti, Jan 16, 2019.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    thanks Wildeman!

wildeman likes this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I dont know how it'll go but 5w its fun, I just bought myself a gold lion 6v6 and Nos mazda 6v6 to try out. btw. It comes stock w JJ 6V6.

[​IMG]

Merc, nickurso and Bertotti like this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Oh man, it looks like someone is playing in stereo or wet-dry!

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Is it to early to start asking if it’s ready yet!
    Hahahaha just kidding like everyone else we just get excited.

5. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Any chance of this becoming a 1x12 combo? Or can I just buy the chassis and the badge and get a combo cab made for it up here?

6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I know a lot of people like combos but that significantly up the price. These boutique heads are expensive to start with but in a combo just how big would the market be?

7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    It’s funny you mention your own cab I actually did ask but this is currently how they come. I still hope to find time to fab my own cab but I need to finish an amp stand. Winter is killing my free time this year.

8. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Not for the price I've got the head cab version at...It's just what it is, a 5w head. We were going for price point here, not luxury. Its american built but no special void free birch ply, no Merc Mag tone clone iron. Simple fiber turretboard w mallory series metallized film caps, F&T and Sprague electrolytics. Good stuff all around, but simple, nothing really uber booteek, just honest american craft.
    It allows the guitarist a handmade mini tube amp that is all about the guitar and fingers at very low, personal volume levels. These single ended class A amps do not stay clean for very long but between you and a great speaker cab in your studio, or living room its a treat for the ears as a gretsch'r. (fwiw.. I will make you a 110 combo if you
    want but the price jumps waaaay up since they are built from scratch in indiana. If we found someone in mexico to build cabs then I could really keep prices low but then you have to play the quantity game, and all my stuff is built one at a time other than pedal boxes that are in batches of 20)

The greatest all in one combo I offer for the money, is the Raygun'59 in a 1x12 combo. 8 watts to 20 watts w swappable tubes, no biasing.. pwr tube trem and reverb. All in one hand built, booteek glory. even the speaker is a california built 75w hemp cone alnico spkr that is gorgeous. Its my other amps that climb up in price because I'm going after a specific circuit and getting it super correct. The Raygun'59 is a tavo mishmash idea of a 59' vox ac30 meets 59' tweed low power amp, I can beg forgiveness in that amp because its my own design.
    [​IMG]

ps. I've been offering my 45watt blondeshell for YEARS in 1x15,2x10,1x12, 8"x12"... and guess what the #1 seller is.. the blondeshell amp head.
    [​IMG]
    And guess what is selling fairly well right now, these 5w baby blondeshell heads. I think we all like to collect guitars, pedals and speaker cabs. We tend to settle for one or two amp.
    Its the greatest thing to own 10 different guitar cabs w one amp, thats what I do personally. I swap between my closeback 212 fender tonemaster cab w dual V30s and my tophat 212 openback cab w dual 65w Scumnicos, occasionally going w my openback 1x15 w a weber california (D130 JBL clone). I'm jonesing for a 1x10 cab at the moment, as I'm soooo in love w the Tonetubby 40/40 10" right now. I put one in my crap'o pro junior and dayum, its a cool amp again. barely fits as its like a massive compact vintage 30 in a 10" size sporting a hemp cone.

9. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The little 5 watts is what pulled me in, the lack of a 16-ohm jack is a bit bothersome but my solution, so I can use it with any cab I have, is to save up for the Fryette Power Station 2. I think this will be a great swiss army knife device for all of my amps and cabs.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Got my taxes done, my average taxes paid was around 3.5% less while my salary was up about 3% than 2017 taxes, and with the tax changes at the beginning of the year I had a bit more take home because they weren't taking out as much but naturally you won't get as much back at the end of the year it just means I got to work with my money instead of the gov. A lot of bogus info out there about it making it sound all doomsday but it worked out for everyone I know who has a job so far. Why do I mention that because that is what will pay off the Baby Blondeshell which is oh so close to shipping. I am told there was a slight delay because the man building got the flu and put down hard. I hope he gets well soon for two reasons, I don't wish the flu on almost anyone, I'm not perfect I could stand to see a few people suffer like that, and I am impatiently waiting! hahaha

PACE PACE PACE!