Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Nocturne Detroit Casket!!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by TSims1, Jul 26, 2018.

1. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Ur killing me here !!! Can’t wait to try this thing out !

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Here's the latest update on the D.C. Fluid Drive:

the D.C. Fluid Drive Proto type is finally finished (it took 3 of them to get it right)

below is the rambleosity I've been trying to boil down on the webpage for it, hoping to launch in a few weeks, try not to roll your eyes as its a process. It'll get to the point quicker I hope. Box is getting screened right now.. (maybe you can help me get to the chorus faster, I go on and on I know)
    "I've wanted to provide an overdrive that leaves the bass end of my guitar signal relatively neutral. No compression or squish please unless I want to dial that in, and dont boost my upper mids. It needs to keeps the high end clear and sweet, and the rest of the EQ Fluid. Oh and I want it to stack well w other preamps and overdrives, or rather I demand it. That's it, a really useful tone tool that meshes fluidly within the signal chain of guitar, amp and pedalboard.

The D.C. FLUID DRIVE does just that: utilizing cut style EQ controls and a generous gain boost w very dynamic asymmetric clipping. You can slam the front end of the Fluid Drive w your favorite boost, drive and preamp. In fact this is designed to sit after my Brain Preamp pedals, spectacularly. 90% of the reason it exists is because I want a stackable light overdrive that plays better than most w semi-hollow body / hollow body guitars just as well solid body guitars."
    m

[​IMG]

m
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Did you scrap the skull?

4. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    Love the imagery.

5. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    Tavo has the Coolest pedals!!

6. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Skull is gone, I posted the new graphic layout above. There was no room for it plus "fluid drive" around
    the LED I really wanted.. I think it still embraces my roots rock n hotrods passion.

Bertotti likes this.
  7. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    Gotta get me one of those new Dodges with that there Fluid Drive.

When I was a kid, my father bought old heaps for our family cars and once he took me along for a test drive in an old Chrysler with a semi-automatic, which was a variation of the Fluid Drive. I'm still mesmerized. :) As I understand it, these cars were very popular in the used market because they hardly ever had transmission problems, even when they were very old. So hippies would buy them for a song and drive the wheels off of them, when everyone else had long since moved on to newer cars.

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Actually I wonder what it will sound like stacked with the JR Barnyard

9. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'll have to demo that for ya, at the moment I'm getting the EL Pesky pedal online. I am so excited, 2 YEARS in the making.

pmac11, larryr and Bertotti like this.
  10. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    I luv the design with the rockabilly skull guy ! And I know as all ur pedals do it'll give me insperation and great old school vipe and effect ! Can't wait to get mine

11. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Thanks Rob!

12. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Oh man no skull ? Oh well still cool !!