NK-DMLEPD: New Kluson - Duesenberg Multi Lock End Pins Day - strap buttons (lock or Gretschy)

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Henry, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I ordered a pair of Kluson Duesenberg strap buttons. They seem to only be available through Duesenberg (USA in my case) for $25 a pair before shipping and taxes. That's almost twice the cost of new Schaller strap locks.

I have a double cut (duo?) Jet that came stock with supposed Schaller strap locks. I actually don't have any strap locks for the strap side.

These strap buttons have a small knob to attach the strap which supposedly works with the Schaller strap-end locks. However, the button is also threaded on the inside so you can attach a Gretsch like knurled knob on top. However, otnis an either/or - the knurled knob won't attach if you're using strap locks.

Here are few pics from the stock button, comparison shot with the stock button (second pic shows the Duesenberg with and without the knob, flanking the schaller), prepping the drill bit (the screws were a smidge longer). I also showed how once the button is on, I (1) attach the strap - it is secure but not quite as secure as a regular button as the diameter is smaller, (B) attach a standard strap saver (rubber washer), and (III) then screw the knurled knob on top. I use Levy's tweed strap which has very thick suede strap ends and that with the washer barely fits on the knob. But it seems to work and it looks a lot better than the stock button - last pic. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Played with the band last night and it was solid. Having a felt pad under the button seems to make it more secure as any twisting is of the knob on top of the felt, rather than the screw or the knurles knob. If you like the look, I recommend these.

3. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I've used the old Deusenberg ones I ordered from Rockinger a while back on several guitars and have really liked that they seem to work w/ Schaller or going commando and look a bit classier than the standard Schalller nubs. These look kind of interesting too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice