NGretschD!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by 86runner, Feb 7, 2019.

1. 86runner

86runner Electromatic

May 6, 2015
    Nashville
    I took delivery of this one yesterday from Rocky. Man, what a guitar! He worked with me to find the thickest neck on all of the ones he had in stock and found one that was almost .86 at the 1st! My biggest gripe with production Gretsches (or any other brand for that matter) is for some reason they think only Custom Shop money should buy thicker necks. .86 is great, but I still like them even thicker! Anyway, I digress. I've been on a Gretsch buying kick lately and it started with an Iridium Silver/Azure Blue Player's Edition 6118 during the Adorama sale in December. Didn't need it, but the price was WAY too good to pass up! It kinda kick started my love for these guitars again. With that said, I may sell it and pick up a 6120. Haven't decided for sure, but I kinda want a trestle braced, full thickness 6120 for variation's sake. The PE 6118 is pretty killer though. Still sorting it out. I already had a 2005 Fujigen 6118 (sound post) that was the "never gonna sell" Gretsch on my wall. Anyway, I sold a 6121-1955 years ago and regretted it, so I found another one of those from CME and picked it up about a month ago also. I also have a 6120-55 coming in tomorrow. Embarrassment of riches, I know, but I'm selling 4 others to pick these up, and my wife loves that I'll have money left over! Win win! The latest below:

[​IMG]

2. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    OMG! That is just beautiful! Congrats! And Best of Luck with it!

3. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

OMG, I think these are just gorgeous. Love it!! Enjoy.

Lionpotato likes this.
  4. BuddieGreen

BuddieGreen Gretschie

Sep 3, 2018
    indiana usa
    love that champagne sparkle and gold :) congrats

5. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Beautiful Jet, congretschulations!

6. section2

section2 Synchromatic

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
  7. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
  8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Whish I never saw this. Instant GAS.

9. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Looks good enough to drink.

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
  10. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    Congrats....I love the doublecuts!

11. radd

radd Synchromatic

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Sweet

Money left over, I just got three new Gretschs and have sold two others to make room and I’m already ahead $ wise before I have even sold the third......Trust me, the $ is already burning a hole in my pocket. It’s not like I can’t afford to buy something else if I want to, it’s that my twisted mentality is that this $ that came from selling guitars must, I mean must be spent on something music related......it’s a sickness.

mbkri likes this.
  12. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats 86,very nice geet sir!

I'm very tempted to buy another geet myself,but i must not dip into my used car fund,i've already done it twice,if i don't stop i'll be walking everywhere soon....but hey,i've got form!:oops::D

mbkri, T Bone and new6659 like this.
  13. turbo2000

turbo2000 Gretschie

Aug 18, 2015
    Sweden
    Wow! What a beauty.

14. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Love the Champagne Sparkle and especially the Supertrons!

15. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

16. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Nice guitars. I’m kicking myself I didn’t grab that blue 6118 during the Adorama sale myself. Congrats.

Like baseball bat necks myself.

17. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
  18. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Beautiful, stunning in fact. Congrats!

19. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Congrats 86runner, that’s almost the same guitar that got me started on a guitar-buying frenzie. I fell in love with a used early 2000s version of this (with the nickel hardware) but couldn’t agree to ‘trade in plus cash’ terms with the store. While I was haggling over trying to get an extra hundred bucks for my Gibson trade-in I lost the guitar to some other lucky (shrewd) buyer.
    In the seven years that have since passed I have bought and sold 7 prolines, an electromatic and 7 Fenders, and I STILL haven’t filled the hole in my heart that is shaped like a double cut, champagne pink jet.
    Such a saucy temptress.

new6659 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice