NGD

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Markw714, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Markw714

Markw714 Electromatic

Mar 17, 2018
    Oregon
    Schecter C-1 Artist. String-thru body, set neck, access heel, Grover tuners, real Duncan JB/59, pearloid fret markers and binding, 25.5" scale. Got some odds an ends thrown in too - some nice black knobs, switch tip, a set of NYXL's and a hard case. It looks like it was played pretty hard by the previous owner but still has life in it. I cleaned it up, threw some 12-60's on it and set it up for drop B. Not too shabby for $170, eh?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    dak55, thunder58, DannyB and 3 others like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Congrats. The only two Schecters I’ve played were both really solid.

3. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Wow! what a deal. Sounds like a good shredder. Enjoy.

4. DannyB

DannyB Gretschie

Apr 26, 2019
    Michigan
    Nice looking ax! Schecter is a great guitar manufacturer that offers many different models in different price ranges and for different tastes. As a left handed guitar player, I particularly appreciate the large range of left handed models the company offers. Best of luck with your new guitar!

5. unknown fan

unknown fan Gretschie

Aug 7, 2018
    Tn
    Nice one what specific styles do you play with that low tuning? I really like a lot of Scandinavian Black metal (although I try to avoid the Satanic stuff and listen to mostly Viking themed bands like Amon Amarth and Abbath - just my personal preference) and also some stoner, doom etc...

6. Markw714

Markw714 Electromatic

Mar 17, 2018
    Oregon
    Thanks! To be totally honest I got this for when I’m feeling nostalgic to play Slipknot songs I listened to when I was about 11 lol. The plan was to find a really cheap strat-scale electric to tinker with and try to set up for drop b/drop a. This way I’m not risking damage to a nicer instrument and I have the means available if I want to branch out into new music. I’m still semi-new to guitar.

I couldn’t justify spending very much on this given how little it’s going to get played. This guitar kind of fell into my lap and given how cheap it was I grabbed it as it’s miles ahead of a beater Squier or something like that for the same price. What’s even better is if on the off chance I totally destroyed this thing trying to mod it, I could recoup the cost selling the parts. I mostly play rock, punk, rockabilly, etc. between standard E and D... some Misfits, Social Distortion, Ghost, The Creepshow, the list goes on. but I have other guitars for that. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    thunder58 likes this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    For $170 , not too shabby at all if you ask me . Enjoy . Nice collection you have too

8. ampe

ampe Country Gent

May 11, 2011
    belgium
    My second guitar was an Ibanez RGR321EX, it's been used as a test platform for tinkering and has been collecting dust since I stopped playing metal and got my first Gretsch.
    I resoldered the standard pickups, gave it a tune up and played it again for the first time again yesterday.
    I forgot how cool it was to play in those low tunings with massive gain.
    Still put it up for sale today though, i'm trying to scale down to 5 guitars but am at 8.
    Surprised to see quite a few fellow metal players here!

Anyway, happy NGD and happy schredding!

9. Markw714

Markw714 Electromatic

Mar 17, 2018
    Oregon
    Thanks!

I see what you did there...

10. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Sounds like a great deal, and an interesting tuning!

11. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    A true bargain. Enjoy it in good health.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice