NGD

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by 86runner, May 22, 2019.

1. 86runner

86runner Electromatic

May 6, 2015
    Nashville
    I missed out on this one on Reverb back in January (it sold in a couple of hours in the very early hours of the morning, if I remember) but found the guy that bought it by posting up on TGP. I started a dialogue with him and let him know I wanted it if/when he ever wanted to offload it. I had almost forgotten about it as it had been a couple of months since we had talked, then out of the blue he offered it up last week. Anyway, it's pink, and Unicorny! Kauer guitars are probably my favorite, with Gretsch a pretty close second, and the Starliner MIGHT be my favorite model of Doug's. They're easily the most comfortable LP style guitars I've ever played. As soon as I saw this one with Dynas, I knew I had to have it one day. Now I'm no huge fan of tension bar Bigsbys, but I can get along with them when necessary. It won't be everyone's bag, but it's sure mine! It sounds SPECTACULAR and plays that way too. Anyway, without further adieu:

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I'm selling a sonic blue Wildwood Duo Jet to pay for it. One in, one out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
  3. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    I love it, congrats!

4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Very nice, congrats. I've heard nothing but good things about Kauer guitars. Doug used to be on the Luthierist podcast. Good luck with your sale.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Interestimg and unique guitar, you'll certainly have the only one on the block. Congrats!

6. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Congratulations on catching a unicorn! Somebody recently asked what our signature guitar would look like...this might be yours. Your Sonic Blue Jet is mine since you posted it.
    I hope somebody loves it as much as I do cuz it’s like ScarJo...way out my league.

7. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    What a beautiful fretboard...which wood is that?

8. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Doug Kauer is making some really great guitars. I have salivated over few myself. Unfortunately, they are out of my league price wise.

Congrats on your Kauer!

9. 86runner

86runner Electromatic

May 6, 2015
    Nashville
    Thanks guys! It's really an incredible guitar! Doug uses wenge exclusively for fretboards. Really cool grain, and he skirts CITES that way also!

10. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, very nice! I love everything about it except the unicorns.:oops:

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Congratulations! It’s like it was destiny influenced by a little work on your end. I haven’t heard of Kauer and don’t normally follow expensive builders because it’s way out of my range. That unicorn is beautiful though. The quality easily shows in the photo’s.

12. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Congrats! It's very, very nice. Have never seen one before. Gotta do homework. Enjoy.

thunder58 likes this.
  13. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Very cool. I like the shape and truss rod cover.

14. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I'm with Charlie on this one , never seen one either . Sharp looking guitar , enjoy and congrats

Charlie westside likes this.
  15. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

This is pretty darn cool, congrats! I have to share a pic of it with a friend who loves unicorns and guitars!

Charlie westside likes this.
  16. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats ,nice looking geet!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice