Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Camuel, Apr 28, 2019.
Where is Bax located?
Any way you can go down there and handle it proper?
It sounds like time to spread the news and get these shysters out of the loop.
What's sad is this isn't the first time or place I have seen a thread about this company and none of them have been good.
I got an email from BAX yesterday morning to say that they would let me have the 59 for 'just' an extra £571 on top of what I already paid. This is despite their having offered to let me keep it the first time they shipped it. I declined. Then I got a phone call in the evening to say that they would let me have the 59 for the same price I paid for the 55, but that they thought the 55 would actually be shipped much sooner than they'd anticipated. Then an email this morning with a forward of a reply from Fender to say that the 55 was in fact 4 to 6 months out. So, now I have to decide whether to take the 59 for what now seems to be a really good price, or wait up to 6 months, or get a refund and forget the whole thing. The thing is, even if I COULD find a 55, I'd never get it for £2680, nor a 59 which, for some reason, seems to be more expensive, even though the MSRP at Gretsch is the same for both models.
I did really like the 59 when I played it before returning it. So I'm back to the same dilemma that I had when I got the 59 shipped by mistake, only this time with the knowledge that the 55 ain't coming any time soon. I've never even tried a '55. I just liked the inlay and headstock.
Nobody gets a vote on this but you!
You’ve got to listen to your head.
I’d be jumping on the 59, but I happen to love it. I’m also a cheap so and so and would enjoy the idea of stealing it. My head would be happy with that.
.....but I’m not you!!
Good luck on finding peace. You deserve it.
When I get in situations somewhat like your in I remind myself that it is really only a first world problem. Nothing to get worked up about. Keep the one or wait for the another, neither are terrible solutions. Whatever way you go can be undone in the future by nothing more than selling a guitar and buying another.
Good luck to you.
Seems a old enough price that if you keep and and don’t bond you could get an easy turn around.
As an aside it’s funny what we do and don’t like and how that can change. When my dad died he left me enough money to adopt a daughter which we did and order a guitar. I had my specs all set and got a quote from Martin for a custom shop 000. They replay was with the price but also with a note that my specs almost to a t were already in production as a 000-18GE with a 1937 sunburst. The diff was it was a sunburst which I had always disliked and no inlay I was thinking I was keen on. But the limited production GE was 2500$ us less. They sent me some pictures of the GE and I thought about it for a few weeks. I wound up ordering it instead of the CS and to this day it is my favorite guitar. I also found a new appreciation for sunbursts! Which I now like. So in a nutshell go with your gut. It is seldom wrong n cases like this. Something about my decision felt right and I really glad I followed my gut.
Walk the elephant, pitch to the rhino...
I'd be thinking about taking the '59.
And I'm going to submit a suggested entry to the next worldwide dictionary for a definition of patience - "Patience = Camuel from Scotland"
Ask them to send the ‘59. Bax’s law says they will ship you the ‘55...
Good luck on your decision!
Do you like the '59? Do you like it better than the '55? So far, it sounds like YOU would be doing THEM a favour by taking the '59 off their hands. A lead time for factory builds is the norm and you would get what YOU wanted. 6 months will go by and the '55 will go to somebody. Why not you? A tough choice but I'm thinking down the road in 6 month or a year, this will become and will always be a bone contention. Godspeed to you sir.
If it were me i'd still get a refund ,there's no way i'd give them my money after this,even if the 59 is a great deal.
You'd still get a better deal used .
Personally, I would keep the '59. It's been a hassle, but it is a good price and it has a Bigsby which I couldn't do without.
On another note, this seems all really odd, coming from Bax. I've bought practically all my stuff from Bax and I've never had a real issues. Never bought a proper guitar from them though. Once bought three 5V power supplies for some pedals, and one was a US plug by mistake. All I had to do was cut the cable, send a picture and a new one would be on its way. I guess they couldn't ask you to just break the neck off the 59 before they'd send you the 55...
I know you were initially set on the verticle logo and the inlays. I would be too. Ask yourself, if you keep it, will you resent it? Is the price a good enough deal that you could sell it at little to no loss down the road?
This truly IS a great guitar. But it is also a major purchase, and one you need to be sure you won't regret.
As Pop 1655 said above, no one gets a vote on this but you. Tough call, just make sure you will be happy with your decision.
You're a lucky man!
Tell them that after all this numbnuttery on their part you expect the 55 and the 59 to be delivered together, at no extra cost, as compensation for your pain and suffering.
Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
I hope whatever happens, you get satisfaction Cam... this is a nightmare.
Personally, I couldn't let the idiots at the store decide what guitar I'm going to pay thousands for.
I’m on board with JC Higgy after all they’ve put you through.
If a place does me wrong I tend to walk away and let them know they lost my business. I did that recently to a local shop out of principle of what happened. I bought two sets of strings a few months back while experimenting with gauges. Paid cash and got paper cash only back and zero change. It’s not as if they miscounted coins, absolutely zero coins. Long story shortened, one set was unopened and went back to exchange it with the receipt for the gauge I’m staying with. He said he wasn’t supposed to because it was over two weeks but go ahead. I grab a set which ended up $3 cheaper. He did the register thing and handed me the bag with no money back. Needless to say I had some choice words this time to include of when I first bought the strings. Once I told him about how much I’ve spent on guitars in 10 years and that I’ll never be back, he suddenly wanted to make it right. I said “no, I’m done” and walked away. I’ll never buy anything from Blues Angels Music in Florida again. And it’s no where near what you’ve gone through. The wrong guitar... twice.
Sorry for the long rant. I hate seeing companies screw with customers, it ain’t right. Mine is fresh from last week so it had to come out.
Well thar ya go.
Can't say I'm surprised.
Take home lesson for everyone here on GT is ...... never buy anything from Bax ever
Was that the season finale?
Do we have to wait for season 2 to find out what happens?
Hope you're winning!
They've offered me the '59 for the same price, a full refund, or to wait for the 55. I've asked for a price on the Players Edition, just to add that and get all the options. It has the vertical logo but not the inlay. To be honest, I'm now tempted just to go with the '59 as I've tried and and know I like it, and the smell was gorgeous. I'm letting it stew and see if a decision comes to me. There may be another unboxing video soon, although it would be rather anti-climactic to unbox a guitar I've already unboxed twice!