NGD - You're not going to believe this...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Camuel, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Agreed. In fact, the whole incident would never have happened in the first place since you actually get to see pics of the guitar you are buying and can pick which one you want. All retail companies could learn a lot from Sweetwater's business model. It's a shame they don't ship everywhere.

2. You will NEVER get the guitar you were dreamin' and "pining" for here . . . if something is being built ready by November, I wouldn't even be optimistic that is the one destined to be a "player" rather than a "lemon".

Walk On By - Dionne Warwick (1964)

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Flouswa likes this.
  3. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Take the refund. Pee in the case before you send it back. Or get someone else to do it, no DNA evidence that way. If you weren't so far away I'd offer to help.

4. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    don't do anything repugnant but get out of this sooner than later.

optofonik likes this.
  5. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    The other has already gone back for the second time, right? It’s not still in your possession?

6. Chris MC

Chris MC Gretschie

Oct 27, 2014
    Orange, Aus
    Its a clueless store and they are not going to get a clue between now and november, what would that guitar costs from a big name retailer in the UK?

sh4rkbyt3 likes this.
  7. speedicut

speedicut Country Gent

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Cam, I'd edit out your name and email from the recording since anyone with the link can hear it.

And one more vote for getting a refund, sending the guitar back, and alerting Gretsch, Carducci, et al about BAX's crappy service.

sh4rkbyt3 likes this.
  8. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    I understand many would call me crazy and disagree and I wouldn't argue, but at this point I'd turn it into a quest. You've already topped out at the level of frustration one can suffer. Put the frustration aside, turn it into a game and play it out. You've got to be close to someone seeing this who can fix it. I'd fight the fight until I walked away with a Christmas present on something that made me feel like in the end I won.

9. optofonik

optofonik Electromatic

Jan 25, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    Agree with the sentiments about Sweetwater but even they make mistakes. I recently ordered a TRIC case and didn't receive the model I ordered, as pictured on their website. I called, had a conversation, and they sent me another case. The same model...

I called again, had another conversation. They took a look at their stock and determined that Godin had sent them a batch of the wrong cases, they were a similar model but not as pictured. I now had two incorrect cases. I was told that Sweetwater would have to coordinate with Godin about their stock and get back to me. They made arrangements with Godin to send me the correct case directly, as soon as Godin received new stock.

The correct case is on it's way and, although the whole thing took about a month, I feel like they did their due diligence to insure good customer service. Sweetwater came through like they always do. If there is a mistake they correct it proper like. That's how it should be done.

10. Adorama camera is the same, at least they were for me as an ebay "buy it now" . . . I even first wrote a "question to seller" about a large discolored area on back.
    (It was just camera / lighting). It wouldn't have even have been a deal breaker anyway, but I just wanted to know.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  11. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    England
    Just sounds like a drama now

12. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Wow, the hell you've been put through is maddening. It's one thing to make one mistake, it's an imperfect world.......but to make it twice AND it be the same guitar again? That's just poor service and no excuse. I'd hate to see the shipping bill you've racked up as well.

I've ordered from both Sweetwater and Guitar Center and always received exactly what I ordered without any issues.

Sorry you've had to go through all of this mess Cam :( .

13. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I still think it was intentional the second time, if not the first as well. Bait and switch tactics have been around in sales ever since the first idiot found out he could lie to get a sale.

14. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    If you know a lawyer, have him or her send a politely threatening letter. Most shady dealers dislike the prospect of having their business aired out in court.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
  15. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Refund. Begin search for the model you want anew. I would not be satisfied without a vertical logo and engraved markers if that is what I ordered. I'd find another dealer, even if the price was a bit higher (though I'd try to get the new dealer to match the price of the old dealer).

sh4rkbyt3 likes this.
  16. GazUK

GazUK Electromatic

Mar 21, 2019
    UK
    Hi - don't want to hijack your post, but thought I'd share my dealings with Bax over the last week.

On May 7th I ordered a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb - brilliant price. When choosing the delivery it gave me the free option of next day before noon ( be rude not to ! ). Parcel was delivered to my work at 9 am next morning - that's where the fun starts.

When I opened the box the amp wasn't in the normal high quality packaging you would expect from Fender, but wrapped in black plastic ( like refuse sacks ). When I managed to cut my way through it, I could see that this was an old and well used amp. This amp had seen many an hour of playing - scuffs, rips and dents on the tolex, even wear to the aluminium face plate and ring marks on the top where drinks had sat on it.

I phoned Bax and they just said " oh, we must have sent out "B" stock by mistake. They did offer an exchange or refund immediately ( but only after the amp was returned and then within 15 working days ). I immediately said refund as I thought this had the potential to drag on.

When re-packaging the amp to send back, I found several other returns forms inside the packaging ( is this an amp that is routinely dispatched to placate customers whilst they wait for goods from manufacturers ? ) and finally I noticed that the voltage plate on the back of the amp said 120 V, 60Hz. Europe = 230 V, 50Hz.

The tracking shows that the amp is in Brussels at the moment - I'll post to let you know how the refund goes.
    IMG_0884.JPG IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0889.JPG IMG_0902.JPG

17. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    No excuse for this crap, especially when you're talking about $300-$3000 equipment. Fortunately or unfortunately I don't live in Europe but Bax would absolutely be on my "do not buy list"! This is just horrible customer service plain and simple!

18. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Wow... that’s just :eek::(:mad:

Pop1655 and sh4rkbyt3 like this.
  19. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    Not a hijack at all! Very useful relative info. Probably changes my post. Both of you need to take the money and run.

Waxhead likes this.
  20. Scooter127

Scooter127 Gretschie

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I've never had any troubles with Guitar Center.

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice