NGD - You're not going to believe this...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Camuel, Apr 28, 2019.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Message for Bax:
    lynch mob.jpg

2. Pop1655

Pop1655 Gretschie

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this level of mistake with this level of guitar. It's not like they're sitting on $300 bucks of your money and sent you the wrong Epiphone. This is big money sitting in their bank account and a real guitar. You need to be made right. You need to get far enough the food chain to visit with somebody that can erase your pain one way or another. No more clerks or managers. You've got to keep banging until you get to somebody with the power to fix this. It needs to be a major fix too. Not a "we're sorry" extra 10% off. A deal of a lifetime on the one they evidently like to send you might do it for me. Can't say. What would make you happy is entirely up to you. My next conversation would be with someone at a level with the power to put this to bed.

3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    £2600 is one heck of a deal in Europe.
    I’m tempted to say wait till November, but the way things are going the odds of Bax ******* up again is almost guaranteed. Get rid of it while you’re still sane.

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
  4. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Get out now. Cancel everything and get your refund. Then write a song about the whole ordeal and post it to YouTube.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

audept likes this.
  5. Filtertronico

Filtertronico Gretschie

Aug 26, 2014
    Germany
    I would cancel it as well...Check out other big online stores, the german ones have a very good customer service, or wait until a nice used one pops up on EBay or Reverb...used White Falcons normally sell for about 2500 to 2700 Euros...Sometimes you even spot a new one (mostly with Filtertrons) for 2900 Euros...

6. Camuel

Camuel Electromatic

Mar 2, 2019
    Scotland
    I just called and spoke to someone and got no satisfaction whatsoever. So frustrating. I recorded the call and have put up a private link on my Soundcloud. I'm going to write to Gretsch now and let them know how I'm being treated.

https://soundcloud.com/cams-campbell/bax-phonecall/s-VwrnJ

Waxhead and optofonik like this.
  7. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

I just shared this with several folks from Gretsch on social media. This needs to go viral. Hope that this can be resolved quickly, this is ridiculous!!!

Waxhead, Jena, audept and 3 others like this.
  8. Camuel

Camuel Electromatic

Mar 2, 2019
    Scotland
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

Flouswa likes this.
  9. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I can’t help but wonder if they want you to cancel because the messed up pricing to begin with. I get the impression they do not want to honor the sale but are stuck so they will drag it out until you give up. I think by now my heels would be dug in hard, you paid for it get it, get Gretsch/Fender involved and or whatever associations look out for consumers in your country. Then never look back and never do business with them again.

optofonik likes this.
  10. r0de0

r0de0 Gretschie

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    So sorry to hear this is going on for you. I can only wish you the best of "LUCK" and that you get an appropriate response from Bax Music. This has been going on for far too long and my I commend you on keeping your cool. If you lose it on them, they will use that as an excuse to not deal with you. Godspeed sir.

11. Pop1655

Pop1655 Gretschie

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    I think a thousand or so of us ought to send them an email on your behalf.

Jena, blueruins and optofonik like this.
  12. optofonik

optofonik Electromatic

Jan 25, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    I suspect Fender, Grestch ,and Bax might be contacting you via this thread very soon.

13. optofonik

optofonik Electromatic

Jan 25, 2016
    Somewhere, Wonderful
    Email addies.jpg

Pop1655 likes this.
  14. collama

collama Electromatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    Ugh. At this point, I’d cut my losses, accept the full refund, return the wrong guitar (maybe play it for an afternoon!) and move on.

It’s certainly frustrating but, clearly their focus is cut-rate discounts and not service. So I wouldn’t expect them to do anything for you.

Les Pedals and Jena like this.
  15. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Unacceptable,refund required sir.:mad:

I would wait for a used one popping up,i only buy used and get great deals,well,what i think are great deals.

T Bone likes this.
  16. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Synchromatic

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    I fully agree. You are the captain of your ship. You should only talk to the captain of their ship.

optofonik likes this.
  17. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    It's a conspiracy I Tell you!!!!
    After viewing your unboxing........
    Maybe you should consider gettting a refund and find a new dealer. I can envision this becomeing a merry-go-round ride. At some point the anxiety of waiting (time) over & over again becomes a frustrating factor.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  18. afire

afire Country Gent

That's what I would do.

19. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Obviously there isn't a worldwide shortage of these things--not to rub salt in the wound, but Sweetwater has three of them!! And none of the 59...go figure.

20. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Sweetwater would never act this way, this whole thing is absurd.

Waxhead, optofonik and Flouswa like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice