NGD x2 ~ MIJ and MIK content

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by DHart, Sep 16, 2019.

1. DHart

DHart Gretschie

Jun 26, 2019
    Arizona
    HEY THUNDER! Haha! Good idea... I do need a collaborator! :D

And, thank you. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    thunder58 likes this.
  2. Stefan87

Stefan87 Electromatic

May 20, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    As everyone else has said congratulations on the new guitars and welcome to gretsch ownership.

Totally agree with this about Korean made things these days, I work in earthmoving (excavators and the likes) and I can say that the Korean made machines and stuff like that are really closing the gap with the bigger name brands, as with the cars too, they really have uped their game with everything coming out of Korea.

DHart likes this.
  3. ampe

ampe Country Gent

May 11, 2011
    belgium
    Great set of Gretsches, they look so well together and will complelent each other very well tone wise.
    Do you usually go for guitars in that colour?
    My Gibson Les Paul that has the same colour scheme and would fit right in. :)

DHart likes this.
  4. DHart

DHart Gretschie

Jun 26, 2019
    Arizona
    I must confess... I have a number of guitars in the deep wine red color. Something about that color seems to really resonate for me! :rolleyes:

The walnut G5622T even kind of looks like wine red, but browner.

5. Tadhg

Tadhg Electromatic

Aug 8, 2019
    Qld - Australia
    I think that's it. Because aging ears lose their top end, so the greater top end clarity is arguably more capable of being heard by a 10 year old than a 100 year old (deliberately going to extremes!). But better string definition is something that comes with more listening and experience, regardless of the inevitable lowering of top end frequency hearing.

Looks like a fun room! I'm guessing you hook the keyboard (which model Yamaha) up to the computer for recording - do you use it with VST's..? Curious, as I've spent a fair amount of time playing with Mainstage over the past few years. Great fun.

6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Gorgeous pair!

Also, ear strain will result in hearing less bright sounds. I would not be surprised if guitarists with lots of experience move towards "brighter" sounds to offset that hearing loss.

DHart and new6659 like this.
  7. DHart

DHart Gretschie

Jun 26, 2019
    Arizona
    It is said that as we move through the "golden years" (shall we say) that our ability to hear high frequencies does diminish!

While I've been playing for decades, the vast majority of those years were not, fortunately, spent with ears being battered in loud band situations. Though in my early twenties (during the 1970's), I did attend numerous "rock" concerts in the SF Bay Area! :rolleyes:

Tadhg likes this.
  8. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Lovely geets ,and pretty cool music room there too sir!

DHart likes this.
  9. DHart

DHart Gretschie

Jun 26, 2019
    Arizona
    Hi JC! Thank you, my friend. I am thankful to feel so blessed.

JC higgy likes this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Lovely pair, congrats!

DHart likes this.
  11. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Congrats on those two beauties! Lovely room too...

DHart likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice