NGD X 2

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by DonArcher, Jul 20, 2019.

1. DonArcher

DonArcher Gretschie

May 29, 2014
    Ca
    Epiphone Tak Matsumoto double cut bought used two weeks ago, just got it yesterday since I was out of town. This is a nice little player and I normally don't go for double cuts. Had a tuner replaced but since I am planning on throwing locking ones in it doesn't matter to me. 0720191356.jpg 0720191355a.jpg

And a brand new 2015 Gibson Les Paul CM, went to pick up some lacquer and decided to stop at Sam Ash and poke around a bit. Looking for an accoustic, was settled on a dobro brass body (which I am still going to get, because it was awesome) so I would have a resonator and accoustic both. Well looking about I ran across some of these and liked it so much I got it instead. Single pup, wrap around tail piece, and a maple cap and neck. Sounded pretty good to my ears, which might not be a recommendation since I have almost no time to play, but I am happy with it.

2. shupe13

shupe13 Electromatic

Apr 6, 2012
    Indiana
    Congrats x2!!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

DonArcher likes this.
  3. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Great stuff. Congrats!

DonArcher likes this.
  4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I love the look of the LP. This is definitively something for me.

DonArcher likes this.
  5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    twice the fun...congrats!

DonArcher likes this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, great score!

I like the Tak, so much better in proportion than Epi's new DC Pro with the flimsy upper horn.
    A LP CM? Looks like a LP Junior to me, and I love those too. Just quit confusing me with weird abbrevs.

diamoroso and DonArcher like this.
  7. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Yes - what does CM stand for?

DonArcher likes this.
  8. DonArcher

DonArcher Gretschie

May 29, 2014
    Ca
    I got mine at Sam Ash in Ontario California. It does have the GForce tuners though.

loudnlousy likes this.
  9. DonArcher

DonArcher Gretschie

May 29, 2014
    Ca
    I was actually thinking of buying a second Tak, before I found the LP, here is the reverb link if anyone is interested in it.
    https://reverb.com/item/25862788-2009-epiphone-tak-matsumoto-dc-custom-w-case

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Ricochet likes this.
  10. DonArcher

DonArcher Gretschie

May 29, 2014
    Ca
    No idea, I was thinking maybe carved maple, or c grade maple. The best one I saw was this...
    image.jpg

Ricochet likes this.
  11. DonArcher

DonArcher Gretschie

May 29, 2014
    Ca
    Thank you everyone!

12. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    TSims1 and DonArcher like this.
  13. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Two new guitars, makes for a great week! Congrats, also looking forward to seeing that brass Dobro when you grab it.

DonArcher likes this.
  14. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Hahahaha

Ricochet likes this.
  15. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Congrats!

DonArcher likes this.
  16. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Congrats on the 2 guitars . I also like a single cut myself ... I would own that too . Lucky guy , sure is pretty . Enjoy

DonArcher likes this.
  17. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats!

Those wee Epi's are interesting.

DonArcher likes this.
  18. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Since I have been reading this thread I am GASsing myself to death because of that cool Gibson LP CM....damn.
    There are even two of them on local eBay classifieds for very low money over here...

So save me from buying one of them:
    Be honest:
    How is the quality on yours (I have a long string of very bad experiences with newer Gibsons)?

DonArcher likes this.
  19. DonArcher

DonArcher Gretschie

May 29, 2014
    Ca
    Ok, well let me preface this by saying I didn't buy a gibson before my es235 for about 25 years.
    This guitar feels quite light, with a thin mahogany body and thinner than usual maple cap. It has a thick rosewood fret board and comes Plek'd from the factory, making it very smooth and consistent while fretting. The tone and volume pot are tight and responsive and the 61 zebra pickups have a nice crisp output while I was finger picking ( I haven't tried it with a plectrum yet) The maple neck is more of a classic carve, which even though my hands are small I am having no problem working throughout the fret range, also the finish lends itself to a smoothness whilst transitioning. In general I have heard people complain about the gforce tuners and the lightning bridge but I have had no problems so far, but as I have just bought it it really isnt saying much. Seems to be well built with no spaces where wood has been joined. I played through an orange th15 on clean, I think it was the th15,at the store. At home a peavey delta blues 30/15. Both clean and with boost, pedals, the lot. I have been happy with it so far. Of course I was thinking about making one very similar to this.
    0721191459b_HDR.jpg
    0721191459c_HDR.jpg 0721191458.jpg 0721191458a.jpg 0721191458_HDR.jpg 0721191458a_HDR.jpg 0721191458b.jpg 0721191459_HDR.jpg 0721191459a_HDR.jpg

loudnlousy likes this.
  20. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Electromatic

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    I bought one about 3 months ago. It rocks. Can’t beat the price. I replaced the tuners with Gotohs

DonArcher likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice