NGD times 2

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by wvincagold, Feb 19, 2019.

1. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Well it was a good day. I picked up a brand new 2014 epi less Paul standard plus top pro in translucent black. This axe is sick, just got it out of the box. Didn't play it yet but fantastic looking guitar. And best of all for 499.00 out the door.
    I also on a lark bought a sawtooth Tele. Mostly for the case, got a free guitar. But super impressed. Set up sucked and I wanted a black pickgaurd. But otherwise after an hour of setting it up it plays decent. It needs some fret work but not much. Neck nice and straight. Over all very impressed. 159.00 out the door. Cannot beat that price. Any day with new guitar is a good day.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Lionpotato and Merc like this.
  2. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Ah man! Grew up with Lesters, grew to love Tele's and need some surf green. One heck of a day, WV, double congratulations!

Now I'd like to hear about your charger...and whether the roof remains proper. Actually, if you answer we could end up getting ourselves hollered at.

And talk about a coincidence, I'm in the US too!

3. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Gettin slow in my old age. West Virginia Inca Gold. Very cool.

4. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Do not have a charger, but I do have a purple challenger. No worries my moniker is from my 2005 tbird. I have the only one in west virginia in Inca Gold. Ford only made 84 of them. And mine doesn't have a sister.
    I have always wanted a les paul. I have an epiphone special 2 which is more like a fat strat, no carved top and bolt on neck. But like my strats they just do not have the sustain. Then I debated on getting the electromatic but it comes with Broadtrons which I already have in my Streamliner, so I looked around thought about getting the esp 1000 duncan but kept saying to myself, self you keep looking for something that looks like the L.P., so why not just buy one? And I looked at gibsons of course but no way I will ever spend that much on an instrument. In any case I was perusing Amazon and this L.P. was buried in the weeds. Not sure how I found it. The blue one just like my black is almost 900.00. This was listed as 599.00 with 100.00 off coupon. So I jumped.
    Now the telly I am going make a project of. I bought some really nice embossed bridge and control panel. Now I need a black pickgaurd, I will probably spray plastic coat and paint it black. Some black saddles, tuning machines, and string trees. It's going to be a work in progress. It's amazing how decent the guitars coming from Indonesia, China are nowadays. My epiphone special 2 nowhere as good at quality as the sawtooth. And it's only 15 years old.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

new6659 likes this.
  5. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    You've made me all misty eyed:(. I sold my 2002 Tbird (red) last September:(

wvincagold likes this.
  6. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Hey, I've got a pony car too! Bit less red in the color though. Only thing close to playing guitars is farting with them. Sure you'll have a ball and would like to see her when you're done!

wvincagold likes this.
  7. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
  8. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    That's the way to do it ..... double congrats

wvincagold likes this.
  9. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    I liked that but sorry at the same time.

10. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Oh I forget the picture I use. That's me at the dukes of hazard museum. cooters truck is there as well. That's an actual general lee from the show.

11. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Nice,congrats sir!

wvincagold likes this.
  12. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Ok so I figured free tele so I went nuts on Amazon ordered 114.00 worth of parts and had a ball. Check out the new tele. Alnico 5 pops. Large pots graph tech nut wilkenson tuners. Lots of fun in the end. Also dressed the frets and repaired some errors made in manufacture. Plays awesome now.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

blueruins likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice