NGD My first Jackson

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Jockabilly, Mar 13, 2019.

1. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    humm ..... seems my pet peeve is catching on gang

Jockabilly likes this.
  2. Jockabilly

Jockabilly Synchromatic

Sep 15, 2018
    Argyll
    I definitely think it's bad form on moderately expensive/expensive guitars that they aren't shipped with at least a basic case as part of the deal. Cardboard isn't the most protective material for sending a costly and delicate instrument in and it doesn't say 'quality' to the consumer.

thunder58 likes this.
  3. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Conjaculations Jock, glad you love her and am sure you’ll enjoy!

Jockabilly likes this.
  4. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    My Gretsch G5120 & BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe were shipped in cardboard packages. G5120 i got from GC the BC Rich from Amazon. I had no problems with them. But yea, wish they came with cases since, you know, they're like, another $100+.

5. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    They are not my thing, but they are great guitars. Aren't they a subsidary of FMI?

Jockabilly likes this.
  6. Jockabilly

Jockabilly Synchromatic

Sep 15, 2018
    Argyll
    I do believe they are under the Fender umbrella now.

I have to say that I wouldn't mind paying a bit more in order to get a case made specifically for the guitar included. When I have bought guitars in the past I have typically ordered a suitable case at the same time, if one isn't already included and asked for the guitar to be shipped in the case.

5120mantis likes this.
  7. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Love the color! Congrats

Jockabilly likes this.
  8. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats!

I haven't played a Jackson in like,30 years,played lots of Charvel,Kramer and Ibanez but Jackson was thin on the ground over here back in the day.

Had to smile when i saw at NAMM this year that Charvel were doing a 40th Anniversary run .
    http://www.charvel.com/blog/2019/02/11-wild-throwback-charvel-custom-shop-40th-anniversary-models/

And Kramer are bringing some stuff back from the 80's again too.
    http://www.kramerguitars.com/News/Features/2019/New-from-Kramer.aspx

Kinda brought back memories from my teen metal days.:oops::D

I've never owned a shredder though,i never had the chops for shredding,i had a better feel for bass when i played metal!;)

Jockabilly likes this.
  9. Jockabilly

Jockabilly Synchromatic

Sep 15, 2018
    Argyll
    I could never afford Jackson or Charvel in the 80's. I remember entering a competition from the Megadeth 'So Far So Good So What' album to try and win a Charvel but I didn't win it. My main guitars back then were an Ibanez Rocket Roll II flying 'V' (Cheesey name, awkward shaped guitar to play sitting down but it was a joy to pick on) and a Fernandes "The Function" with sustainer. Wish I hadn't sold both those guitars and they seem to be very rare now. If anyone ever comes across an Ibanez 'V' in an Ibanez case with a Stray Cat head and the word 'Rockabilly' on the case then that's my old Axe :D

JC higgy likes this.
  10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I believe you’re right. I remember years back that Dave Mustaine from Megadeth was in talks on buying Jackson but it turned sour some how. Afterwhich is when I believe FMIC picked them up and Dave signed with Dean guitars. I’m not sure if it’s 100% owned by FMIC, or something similar like they do distributing Gretsch while someone else like Fred Gretsch is somehow still in the picture.

Jockabilly likes this.
  11. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca

Yeah, Mustaine was all set to buy and the deal was just waiting for signatures and then Fender came and ruined the deal and Jackson signed with them. He was pissed. He sold all of his Jackson guitars. First he signed with ESP for a couple years, then he moved over to DEAN. Now DEAN has a huge line of Mustaine sigs second only to all the offerings they have for Dimebag Darrel's Razorback line. I believe its the same type of deal they have with Gretsch.
    Mustaine has stated that he'd go back to Jackson if they ever buried the hatchet with him. Ha. like he'd ever let them forget it.

Merc and Jockabilly like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice