NGD... Gretsch inbound

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Merc, Dec 3, 2019.

1. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    A not uncommon way to manipulate or control prices, especially if the ultimate retailer dominates the producer of the product in some way.

Merc likes this.
  2. Buckyboy

Buckyboy Electromatic

Arrow knobs (no G) are a nice touch

Merc likes this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    One of my favorite Gretsch models of all. A very versatile practical premium instrument for the modern player that digs that Gretsch sound. Lightweight, comfortable, toneful, easy to play, and GORGEOUS to look at. A total winner.

Merc likes this.
  4. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Congratulations Merc. It's a beauty. I luvs a scripty logo!!!

Merc likes this.
  5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Same people answer the phones for both GC and MF. One sheepishly admitted this to me after a mistake on the phone. I'd called MF a few years ago, going over cost of a guitar. He mentioned tax. I said I thought you didn't change tax of guitars you shipped, he said "we do to States where we have retail outlets, where are you located"? When I told him where I was, he said "yes, we have a bunch there". Started naming cities near me, and I said "Musician's Friend has retail outlets"? He stammered for a moment and I said "you were talking Guitar Center, weren't you"? He admitted it, then said no sales tax for Musician's Friend.

new6659 and Merc like this.
  6. Parttime

Parttime Gretschie

Dec 6, 2018
    Texas
    That’s awesome! I bet you could hardly stand to pause for pictures while unboxing it.

Merc likes this.
  7. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Looks like a really nice one, congrats!

Merc likes this.
  8. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I can attest...worked for Musician’s Friend for a couple of years back in the 90’s when they attempted a foray into big-box brick and mortar retail. It was so poorly managed by the same schmucks (wish I could use the appropriate word) who ran Circuit City that the investors bailed and Guitar Center acquired their retail.

More to the point....DAYUMMM!!! That is one fine looking Gretsch Merc!!!!!!!!

Merc and T Bone like this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks again you all. I’m really loving this guitar and the BT’s. Definitely a fan of them having played it now. If any of you get the chance to try one at a store, go for it.

I actually looked at my certificate yesterday and the serial numbers off. Already contacted the merchant and they’ve contacted Gretsch to try and get a replacement. He confessed they didn’t even open the box from Gretsch. Luckily the setup is still great. Makes me wonder how many people it happens to that don’t even notice. I might post a separate thread on it.

That’s a funny story. I scored free shipping and no taxes at checkout for my state with Musicians Friend. Luckily as it was that along with the sale price that put it within reach. Although I still sold a guitar this week for part of it.

It was. Then add keeping the little one out of the picture and it took even longer. Especially cracking the case open for the shot. He kept yelling it’s blue and Running to the case.

new6659 and Parttime like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice