NGD G6136T-59 LPB LTD

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by MrMajstyk, Jun 9, 2019.

1. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    When I got my slightly used 6120, it already had a Compton brass compensated bridge and it sounds and looks amazing on that guitar! And the intonation is right on, I use 11’s. I’ve had a bunch of Gretsches over the decades ( Tennys, Gents, Nashville’s... all early 60s, as well as a Guild x160 and others) with different bridges (TOM, Rocking bar, etc) but that Compton on my current 6120 is by far the best!

I have never had a Tru Arc... soooo...think I need to get one for this Falcon!

However, this is the first Gretsch I’ve had with a pinned bridge. In the past I always avoided pinned bridges because I liked to experiment with different string gauges and bridges, and wanted the flexibility of moving the bridge around for intonation. These days I’m content with D’Addario 11-49s, which I think is what my Falcon came with from the factory, so the pinned bridge is ok with me now!

I will say that these Ray Butts pickups are already amazing in the note to note clarity, and this bird has sustain for days! And you think the Tru Arc will make it even BETTER? Wow! I’m in!

peterjh85 likes this.
  2. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    Yes, it’s like s hybrid of the PE and Vintage series! It’s got a lot of the Players Edition upgrades, but still full-sized, and with tone switch and of course the Ray Butts pups.

3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Wow that's a beautiful guitar.. congrats!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

4. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    That's a lotta guitar ya got , and beautiful too I might add . Congrats

5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Congrats on one fantastic freakin' Falcon! Beautiful. I've not yet heard Ray Butts pickups in person. Bet I'd like them too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  6. peterjh85

peterjh85 Electromatic

Dec 16, 2017
    Pacific Northwest
    I definitely think the tru arc will make it better! Stainless steel serpentune is just the ticket.

7. Axis39

Axis39 Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Beaumont, CA
    I definitely dig the sparkly binding!

Congrats, that's sweet as a Fudgsicle on a hot afternoon!

8. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats. That is so beautiful I don't even miss the wings on the headstock!

9. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Nice, big 17” congratulations ! No substitute or cubic inches. I’ve been thinking about a set of those pups for awhile.

Not sure you need to fart with imgur. Just try the upload button and you should be able to acces your photos from there.

10. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Incredible. So happy for you.

11. Benturner83

Benturner83 Electromatic

Mar 16, 2019
    Hastings, UK
    Holy moly. That. Is. Unbelievable.

Congrats from a ridiculously jealous forum friend!

12. Wjensen

Wjensen Electromatic

May 25, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    That is a truly beautiful guitar. I am sure it plays like a dream. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice