Ngd: G6120-dsv-blk

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by damacleod, Feb 18, 2012.

1. damacleod

damacleod Gretschie

Jan 19, 2012
    Wirral, UK
    My first Gretsch has finally arrived. Went over to the DHL depot in Liverpool this morning to pick it up, rather than wait for the delivery on Monday. I managed to tear myself away from playing it long enough to snap a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    That is beautiful beautiful, beautiful! Congratulations on surviving the wait. I might have died from anticipation.

3. big kenny

big kenny Country Gent

Nov 2, 2010
    Wi
  4. texasdw

texasdw Gretschie

Nov 26, 2011
    Pearland, TX
    Yup. I'm partial to the black myself. I have a G6120 in black.

5. ReverberatingDream

ReverberatingDream Gretschie

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    So stunning. Big congratulations mate!

6. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Gorgeous! I have a 6120 DC in black which stole my heart the moment I first saw it, which is double amazing because up until this time I had no particular affinity for black guitars. There's just something about the gold against that black finish . . .

7. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Our British black dsvs

Hey, good to see that at least one more of this limited edition is in British hands. I got mine at the beginning of 2013 about a year after you got yours. Bought it off a geezer in Florida. Blimey. What a gorgeous guitar. Have you registered yours in the gretsch registry at gretsch talk? I'd love to see how many of the 16 or 20 are still out there. I know there's one down under too.
    http://gretschpages.com/guitars/models/6120-dsv-blk/

8. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    What a beautiful guitar

9. J.Banning

J.Banning Gretschie

Feb 15, 2013
    Lodi California USA
    WOW!!! She's a beauty!! Congrats... have fun with her!

10. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Here's mine with her older brother ( actually old enough to be her father) a 72 gent.

Attached Files:

11. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    I do like black guitars, very nice.

12. CAFeathers

CAFeathers Electromatic

Feb 24, 2013
    Vacaville, CA
  13. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    congrats! she is a beaut.

14. jflintmac

jflintmac Country Gent

That's a very cool looking guitar. Did it come standard with the chrome colored Bigsby, bridge and the Brass Nut? Or did you order it that way?

I absolutely love black guitars although they get dirty really fast! It's an occupational hazzard, especially if you smoke and have cats!

15. erik

erik Gretschie

Apr 10, 2013
    West Wales
    Hey that's a great looking guitar. How does it sound?

16. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Gretsch made just a few of these, somewhere between 16 and 20 guitars in November of 2010 to mark the end of the 6120 dsv production. This is it, as it came from the factory, with chrome bigsby and rocking bar bridge, brass nut and gold plated hardware everywhere else. It's thrilling to open the case and play this guitar knowing that there are so few of them out there.

17. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Big, fat and twangy! Really rich twang. Beefy twang. I love it

18. damacleod

damacleod Gretschie

Jan 19, 2012
    Wirral, UK
    Here's a quick recording of it (clean through a Line 6 Bassman sim and touch of reverb) at https://soundcloud.com/davmac/gretschtest

I got mine from Florida too, from one of the guys on GretschPages. Tried registering it but it kept crashing so gave up after a while.

For me it really is the ultimate Gretsch. I'm a single coil sort of bloke so the dynas are right up my street and whilst it is a big "blingy" I think it carries it off without making me look like too much of a ****. I bought it for that classic 50's Gretsch tone but it does so much more, through from the rich warm jazzy stuff to cutting distorted early punk, via brittle cutting clean funk. I've had it over a year now and am still absolutely smitten.

Fine pair (said the bishop... etc)

Hahaha. As a smoker with six cats and three dogs I can attest to that!

19. erik

erik Gretschie

Apr 10, 2013
    West Wales
    I'm so jealous! I love the size and shape of that guitar. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice