NGD: Bird of Prey

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by calebaaron666, Sep 9, 2019.

1. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I have some Godzilla movies on my shelves. I was actually watching Son of Godzilla today! Ever see that one? I’m a big fan of the giant spider.

panhead6zero likes this.
  2. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Magnificent condition. A really nice example and 15 years of age on it. Welcome to the club.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  3. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    I don't think I saw son of Godzilla?! I remember flying into Japan when I was a Flight Engineer. What struck me was how well the Japanese miniature set guys replicated the countryside! I think you can watch a Godzilla movie and really see what Japan looks like! Those guys nailed it!!

4. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Oh man, I LOVE those miniature sets. Some of those are amazing!
    I enjoy that stuff far more than the blue screen stuff that’s in every big budget sci-fi/monster movie nowadays.
    I also enjoy watching a dude hop around in a rubber suit more than a CGI monster.

5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Best show ever!

6. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  7. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx man!
    I’m quite taken with her!

thunder58 likes this.
  8. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    Vertical logo, hump block inlays, Falconry appointments everywhere....Cadillac Gretsch!

9. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    What bracing is inside? Can you tell? Tone post? Trestle?

10. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    It’s a busy beast! Flashy enough to blind a man!
    Under the hood it’s tone post.

Lionpotato likes this.
  11. rake_ether

rake_ether Electromatic

Aug 24, 2019
    Athens, GA USA
    I've only been a Gretsch owner for a week and am already looking for the time down the road I'll be ready for the next one. I love this headstock but fortunately for my bank account I prefer chrome hardware and a color other than white. I'm safe, or so I thought. I'm now aware there's the G6139T-CBDCSL Silver Falcon. Noooo........!

12. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Synchromatic

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
  13. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    :cool:

14. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    That's a Beautiful guitar!!

15. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx man!

16. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Oh my ... didn't see that coming (I'm cut off of civilization Mo to Fr, due to crappy Wifi in the hotel my company placed me in - usually it doesn't work at all, sometimes it works bad ... I don't take the laptop with me for a good chance of being useless there - and strict no-private-surfing policies where I actually work ... anyway...), but I can imagine this working out well. A walk on the white side may be very pleasing I guess (played a relative to her a few years ago, when I guy I knew worked in cleaning up the apartments of people without relatives in reach who died, he had found a Falcon in some guy's flat and, before he knew what it was worth, thought I might want to buy it - I was a student back then and knew this would be far out of, but I came over to try out anyway ... told him it was about 5 times what I could afford then ... "Well, then have a little fun, and get your f'ing diploma done!" - did exactly that...).

Anyway, congrats and stuff! And ... miniature landscapes, guys in weird clothing posing as some kind of monster - love that, too. It isn't cool unless you see some buttons of the costume.

speedicut and calebaaron666 like this.
  17. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanks man!
    Yeah, if I had been told a month ago that I would have a White Falcon, I wouldn’t have believed it!
    I finished paying off my Deluxe Reverb and decided I didn’t mind the monthly payment. This baby was on sale so I had to jump! It has all the decor I wanted in a Falcon.
    It’s also the first guitar i have purchased that i don’t really want to modify everything!
    I am still not a fan of a filtertron neck pickup. Maybe a TV Jones Magnatron in the future?
    Hmmmm

Also, your new profile picture is hilarious!

DennisC likes this.
  18. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Yeah, sometimes you just stumble on something and think ... something like ... maybe not now, but someday ... but why not now? How is some day better than this day?

In the end, if something makes you happy, doesn't harm anyone - do it! Be it whatever it is ... an expensive guitar is far on the reasonable side of that kind of stuff. As long as I don't have to stop eating to afford, I once decided never again to miss out any concert I can and want to go to, no matter what ... I usually don't do any vacations whatsoever (next year in october I will, but that's plenty of time ahead...), have plenty of overtime at work, I can get that paid or take the time off ... decided so when Lou Reed died, as I missed seeing him the year before, thought "damned, that guy is expensive ... other stuff to do ... next time I'll go see him!" - this didn't work out, and he could complain a lot more than I could. I'm alive...

But ... that is somehow the point, ... is this going too far already? Life is short ... you get diagnosed with some crap that might knock you out, for a long time or even finally ... and then think "oh, fine, I didn't spend the money I can't spend from the damned hospital right now, I listened to people talking sense and reasonability into me against my will - what a reasonable guy I am for missing out at Lou Reed's last tour!" (or something else) ... I don't see me thinking something like that. Same with a lot of other stuff. Something good coming along? Grab it! Something bad making you sick and tired? Don't hesitate, don't let people talk you into or out of something ... guitars, pain medication, an orgy you might attend, ... whatever...

Someone told me blue just isn't my colour, haha... Maybe I'll try on a red one next time. And get some attachable boobs.

19. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Red is a good corset color.

Man, I woud’ve loved to have seen Lou. Iggy came to Boston a few years ago which is only 2 hours away. Tickets were $90 for balcony seats. I said NO WAY cuz I didn’t wanna spend the cash. Of course a week after the show happened, I was kicking myself! It’s only money!! I should’ve gone! Iggy won’t be this virile forever!
    Oh well. Next time!

Yeah, I have the money cuz I’m working a lot. I figure I can pay off this guitar and not starve or be broke. Works for me.

Poor is fine.
    Broke sucks.

DennisC likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice