NGD A G2622 joins the family

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by John Drummond, Jun 7, 2019.

1. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    That’s my favorite Streamliner color. I confess I had the same idea you had, turning it on my take to a 6120 DC that I couldn’t buy, then I had a shot on a bargain so everything went south. But I still plan to sell my Loar and give it a try again sooner or later... Nice score, enjoy!

John Drummond likes this.
  2. mike G

mike G Electromatic

Oct 12, 2018
    Middletown NY USA

3. mike G

mike G Electromatic

Oct 12, 2018
    Middletown NY USA
    I will consider you a very good person to ask - What you think of that G2620 P90 with the in P90 neck/Broadtron bridge Pickups ? Also ,hows the 2019 Broadtron B2's sound to you vs the older B'tron? Obviously I'm in the market .LoL

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  4. John Drummond

John Drummond Gretschie

Feb 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    First off I'd say that the pickups in the G2620-P90 are quite hot, the bridge is the older style 1st version Broad'Tron - The P-90 sounds like a P-90 (bell / flute like) but like I said quite hot. I swapped both pickups out not because they sounded bad just not quite what I was looking for. I wanted a "Vintage Early 50's sytle" alnico III like the one used by before 1957. I searched all over till I found a "Vintage Spec - 7.4k" pretty cheap (this had a alnico 5 but its 2 mins work to swap magnets in a P-90), this pickup also had the correct vintage string spacing of 47mm. For the bridge unit I was gonna use a GFS Surf-90 But came across this guy from greece that makes Humbucker sized "Dynasonics" complete with all the workings - this was a little more expensive than a standard Dyna but without the installation hassles. This thing already was a fantastic guitar straight out of the box now it's one of my mine gigging guitars.

Vanson neck P-90 from ebay = $35 inclusive of P&P
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Vanson-AlNiCo-V-P90-Dog-Ear-Single-Coil-Pickups-Neck-Bridge-Ivory-DE90/111018069892?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=410161767325&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

Gabojo Bridge Pickupfrom ebay = $152 inclusive of P&P (correct 29.2mm string spacing
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mr-2000HB-Dearmond-Style-single-coil-in-Humbucker-size-for-Hollow-body-guitar-e/233050461151?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=532551592593&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As to the newer Broad'Trons I think they sound so much nicer then the earlier versions - Still a little toohot but with a little work they can sound like Hilo'Trons, Super Hilo'Trons, Filter''Trons or Blacktop Filters - just by adjusting the screws a little, the only reason I really swapped them out of my newer models is because I'd got some killer deals on replacements - which gives me serious options for gigging and recording. I actually prefer the Broad'tron BS-2 to the TV Jones that I put in my blue G2622T - so much so That I may swap them back when I next do a string change on it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. John Drummond

John Drummond Gretschie

Feb 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Just realized that I'd not updated the picture of the Single Barrel Stain G2622
    [​IMG]

stiv, section2 and calebaaron666 like this.
  6. mike G

mike G Electromatic

Oct 12, 2018
    Middletown NY USA
    Eastman ARC 372 CE.jpg That is a big factor in a newer Broadtron B2 model or the G2655 P90 for me .
    As you can on my Identity pic here on the left I already own the G2622T that
    I switched upped with 2 Blacktop Br'tons. Streamliner are exellent platform guitars
    with a few mods or real good stock ! Love the 5420 and 2620 but I already have a Eastman my reason for not getting another jazz box with P90's .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    John Drummond likes this.
  7. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Sweet.. you know, I start to really like the big block inlays on the neck. It reminds me of vintage (pre '60s) Gretsch.
    That's definitely one of the best Streamliners I saw on this board.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice