New surf green double jet fsr

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by iowa, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Must be digital because nuances and reflections don't seem to enter my mind when I view that picture. :)

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Country Gent

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    I still prefer film, but haven't shot a roll in literally years. As you said, too long to see the results.
    I shot film side-by-side with digital for a while when I would go out chasing the Arizona Monsoons; the first few generations had a lot of noise on long shutter speeds. It's much less of a problem now.
    Film still kicks digital's a$$ on black and white though, even in "B&W Mode" on a digital, it's still desaturating. Doesn't look the same at all, nor does any printer look as good as a nice hand-developed print from the darkroom.

heinzman likes this.
  3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Country Gent

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yeah. Firm yet graceful lines, exercise honed muscle, and a fiery aura.
    The girl looks pretty good too. :D

Henry likes this.
  4. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    YES! I saw the Electro version and all I could think of was this...
    [​IMG]
    This is, IMHO, the perfect example of great aesthetics intone design of a Duo Jet (yeah... I k ow it's a Penguin). I'm really GASsing for one.

I've always wanted that suit. It would go great with any Gretsch. Especially a gold sparkle Duo Jet!

H77088000001000-00-1000x1000.jpg s-l1600-28.jpg uc13100971_lg1.jpg

hcsterg and Wulfgang like this.
  5. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    They look like a good match for each other. :)

6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal

7. Ando

Ando Synchromatic

Aug 7, 2013
    Seoul
    After all these months, Aunt Karen's key lime pie keeps coming to mind, every time I open the thread.

[​IMG]

Wulfgang, ZackyDog and englishman like this.
  8. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    [​IMG]
    oh mother of glory look at that gold sparkle penguin!!!!

9. CKC411

CKC411 Electromatic

Jan 20, 2018
    Florida, USA
    I guess someone has to stand up for the quirky, quixotic or simply questionable in regards to what is found to be aesthetically appealing. My thumbnail is probably not doing a good job of hiding the fact that I own 2016 Gold/Green/Garish/Gaudy... dare I stick with the alliterative theme and go with Goofy? My name is Craig and I like the Sea Foam and Gold Gretsch. I am going to stand by my Gold accented Gretsch as I drool over the guitar a couple comments above with the cool tear droopy-esque "f-holes," three pickups, silver hardware (maybe even nickel). But I loved the color and jumped on my Gretsch and have only enhanced its glamour. It now has an official Bigsby gold Trem, the gemstone encrusted knobs, new gold switch covers and strap locks since the gold was not gold enough for my taste. I mean, if you are going to go with gold, go big or go chrome. My leather Airline strap, which matches beautifully and a few special touches only the true believers will ever see and appreciate -- it was my first new electric guitar and with my stock growing to about 15, the commandant has ordered the sale of at least one, before procuring another. First one in, first one out, so you should see this bedazzled beauty on the Lido deck at The Reverb Princess Yacht for Guitars that were purchase as a result of addiction, but I swear... my love is true. I will find the one of you out there to appreciate this one of a kind. Masterpiece of visual excess.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice