Join Gretsch-Talk Today

New Streamliners for 2016

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by MacStevenXIII, Jan 8, 2016.

1. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I had the chance of trying one yesterday. I feel the same about them like you. Good entry-level guitars. No doubt. Not so much in the Gretsch tradition although. These are not for me. Left that kind of guitars behind me 20 years ago.
    There is a big difference in the haptics of an entry-level Gretsch like these to a professional line or a real vintage one that -to me- is worth the money.
    And considering how much more expensive these big-bucks-guitars are, these look like a bargain. I can perfecly understand why Gretsch are offering these to the public at this point of time. It is a smart move to hook the young guitarist on this great brand. "Get an item with a Rolls Royce-label for the price of a Volkswagen.."
    Well done.
    The only fear I have is that they are selling out. Gretsch should send a strong sign of not selling out now by pushing the professional line in another spetacular way.

2. Cajun_Mike

Cajun_Mike Electromatic

Dec 10, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Armygirl

Armygirl Country Gent

Mar 14, 2014
    Edinburgh
    I'd have one in a second!

4. deadstar

deadstar Newbie

Dec 23, 2015
    Ukraine
    Hi there g_evans! Is this a chinese one?

5. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    The new Streamliners are Indonesian I believe.

6. hewstigator

hewstigator Gretschie

Mar 3, 2015
    brooklyn, ny
    i'm thrilled that there are centerblocks that accept normal format humbuckers.. definitely interested in the 2655t

Armygirl likes this.
  7. mag711

mag711 Newbie

Nov 20, 2015
    San Antonio TX
    Just picked up my new G2655T/WS with Bigsby yesterday. Went to the Guitar Center by me and tried the 2622 without Bigsby and this one and liked the smaller guitar. Weight was fine - not an issue. Great neck... fast. Played it thru a fender champion 600 tube amp - which sounded so good I bought it as well [good sale price] as I traded in another guitar I got a 10% discount to $494.99. Really like the walnut stain version. Guitar is fun to play and the sound of the new pickups is excellent [as mentioned previously above] Got this thinking my wife would like it - size wise - we both play together... but the more I play the more I like it. OK , at 65 I am beginning to like lighter- smaller guitars... I also have a 5120 and the 5442bdc Bass. For me it fits right in with the others...

Armygirl likes this.
  8. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    That's great, and welcome to the forum. Perhaps you can start a new NGD thread with pics of the new guitar? It will also provide others with an opportunity to welcome you.

Armygirl likes this.
  9. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, mag711!

10. Soulman

Soulman Newbie

Nov 15, 2016
    Bolton Uk
    Hi I'm new here so thought I would say hello having just acquired a 2622 . Has anyone noticed that the F holes are very thin and I may be wrong but changing a pot or connecting pickups might be a bit challenging. Or am I missing something?

11. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, Soulman! A forum member with a Streamliner should be able to help you soon.

12. Dubtrub

Dubtrub Electromatic

Jun 18, 2013
    California
    You have to use the mini pots as regular size are too big to fit through the narrow f holes.

13. JohnHuff

JohnHuff Electromatic

May 15, 2018
    UK
    I've modded my sunburst model with a Bigsby, Vanson roller bridge, TV Jones Classic Filtertrons, CTS pots, new switch and wiring, G silver arrow knobs and Shaller straplocks. I gig it in a blues duo. Awesome!

MTurner likes this.