Join Gretsch-Talk Today

New Streamliners for 2016

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by MacStevenXIII, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MacStevenXIII

MacStevenXIII Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2009
    Boston
    A member over at the GDP found this,
    http://www.rockland-music.de/catalogsearch/result/?q=Gretsch

Upon googling I found more info,

Gretsch-holds barred at NAMM 2016. Note that it is not just here to new models but a complete new range of guitars. The Streamliner series combines the flair and the sound of vintage Gretsch guitars with a modern playability. Of each model are available in both versions are available with Bigsby vibrato unit as models with a fixed bridge. Get to know lovely hollow bodies like the Gretsch G2420 Streamliner Aged Brooklyn Burst and compact Gretsch G2655T Streamliner Center Block Junior Black.

Violent Hollow Bodies

As the first in the series are the Gretsch G2420 and G2420T models. These are full hollowbody guitars whose top is reinforced by parallel bracing. The G2420T includes a Licensed Bigsby B60 tremolo and available in a subdued Golddust execution or in a particularly beautiful Flagstaf Sunset finish. When the G2420 in Brooklyn Burst embodiment, the Bigsby® omitted and replaced by a Gretsch tailpiece.
    Thick double cuts

The Gretsch G2622, G2622T and G2622LH double cut models are all quite oversized. In this case, the feedback from the sound box resisted by means of a so-called center block. The G2622T is available in stylish Torino Green performance and again in the wonderful Flagstaf Sunset finish. When the G2622 with fixed bridge was chosen for a Walnut Stain finish. Also to the left-handed rocker is thought through the G2622LH.

Junior Superior

For whom the G2622 models are somewhat too large, the G2655 Stream Liners may be better suited. With all the flair of their larger relative, but a bit more modest in size. The G2655 is available with Bigsby B60 in the shape of the G2655T Stream Liner Walnut Stain or if the G2655T Stream Liner Black. When the G2655 without vibrato unit has been chosen for the Flagstaff Sunset Finish.

Comfortable neck and stable bridge

All new Stream Liners naturally have their own charm. That does not mean that the entire series has common characteristics that distinguish the models from the crowd. They have been given a modern neck with a modern U 'profile and a 12 inch radius fingerboard. Instead of the usual thin fretwire the streamliner models equipped with 22 medium jumbo frets. Where in the old models Gretsch the bridge only in its place was kept by the pressure of the strings, this is fixed at the guitars Stream Liner. This makes the intonation has improved a lot and you can also come off with peace of mind with your Bigsby tremolo.

Powerful Broad'Buckers

Finally, there are the Broad'Tron humbuckers, the secret weapon of the entire series. High output, with tight bass, throaty mids and crystal-clear trebles. The result of all this is a series of guitars with the timeless look of a classic Gretsch, but with a modern and enhanced playing comfort.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

benjwri and ZackyDog like this.
  2. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Looks like they are using the Gretsch-buckers again. Entry-level hollow-bodies?

[​IMG]

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    They look like the Gretschbuckers, now called "Broad'Trons".

I do like this green. Not a fan of the knobs; too Gibsony.

[​IMG]

MKunie and ZackyDog like this.
  4. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Yeah it's weird.......these are cool, but don't look like Gretsches to me...?

ZackyDog likes this.
  5. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    The shape seems Gretsch-like, but the knobs, inlays and pickups are not.

GretschSwing likes this.
  6. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
    Lost opportunity, They should have used DeArmond 2000's/2K's again.

7. ffooky

ffooky Synchromatic

Aug 21, 2012
    London
    Rather meh, sadly.

8. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I like them, kinda Hofner lookin. Its cool to have variety, especially in the lower price range.

Armygirl likes this.
  9. OldCowHand

OldCowHand Country Gent

Sep 24, 2015
    Kent, England.
    Tension bar Bigsbys, I notice.

10. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    gold-dust-1.png I can see this with Some gfs white retrotrons.

ZackyDog likes this.
  11. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Looks like EU only for these. I couldnt find them here.

12. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I like the slimmer/smaller f-holes. :)

Armygirl, j.s.c and wabash slim like this.
  13. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    If only they were cat's eyes, instead. :(

benjwri, wabash slim and Henry like this.
  14. National19

National19 Country Gent

Jan 4, 2014
    Ottawa Canada
    I kind of like them.

15. Axis39

Axis39 Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Falmouth, Va
    I'm in....

If I can score one of those Juniors in Black or one of the hollow bodies in a sunburst.... I'll be happy! Although I will be doing more Gretsch-like knobs.

I love that they're doing them as entry level. Hopefully they'll compete with some of the lower priced Epiphone stuff.

16. GTR6119

GTR6119 Country Gent

Oct 12, 2014
    London
  17. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Having owned original Gretsch guitars, the f-holes, knobs etc. look like new appointments. Maybe you could retrofit some Dynasonics? :)

18. GTR6119

GTR6119 Country Gent

Oct 12, 2014
    London
    Yeah for sure, The price seems really good and with a few bit to personalize them I think they could be a winner.

ZackyDog likes this.
  19. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I don't like those Gibson knobs,but i've always disliked plastic knobs on any guitar ,but especially on a Gretsch. Not keen on the black surrounds and guard either.

The red single cut looks nice ,i like the bright red,and i do like those elegant f holes too.

At those prices we shouldn't really complain eh...

Not that i'm in the market for one .

j.s.c and ZackyDog like this.
  20. benjwri

benjwri Country Gent

Oct 27, 2011
    Central ON Can
    I'll pass thanks...