New owner / Member and Excited!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by doctorock78, Apr 3, 2018.

1. LongJohn

LongJohn Gretschie

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Welcome doctorock 78, how YOU doin'? Sounds like the madness has begun. :cool:

doctorock78 likes this.
  2. doctorock78

doctorock78 Electromatic

Apr 3, 2018
    Honolulu, HI
    Sorry I just realized that in my initial post I said Players Edition!!! I am wrong, it is actually a 2009 G6118T !!!! NOT a Players Edition. I thought I would keep the 2016, but the 2009 stole my heart... Still love the guitar, just put on a SS Tru Arc Serpentune and it is perfectly intonated (11-52 gauge unwound G). Tonight the Chet arm and string through Callaham shaft go on. Then as soon as it arrives the T Series TArmond in the neck position!

Henry and audept like this.
  3. Reedlvr

Reedlvr Gretschie

Dec 8, 2017
    West Texas
  4. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
  5. doctorock78

doctorock78 Electromatic

Apr 3, 2018
    Honolulu, HI
    OK gonna give pic upload a go!
    Image-9.png.jpg Image-10.png.jpg Image-11.png.jpg Image-12.png.jpg Image-13.png.jpg Image-14.png.jpg

Really digging the Tru Arc! Also used it at a gig Sat and was very nice sounding! Growly... The only issue was every time I went for the Chet arm to wiggle I missed it. So used to the Jazzmaster trem that it's like an extension of my own hand. As you can see in the pics I fixed that as soon as we got home. Now it feels so right. A little hokey as you can see some wiggly bends on the arm but it works perfectly now, as does my Jazzmaster arm! Super stoked. Next up is a T Armond in the neck position... anyone have any experience with that pickup? Aloha!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    wildeman, JC higgy, Henry and 2 others like this.
  6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Very nice. Ebony fingerboard?

7. doctorock78

doctorock78 Electromatic

Apr 3, 2018
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks Henry! Yes on the ebony. Love it. Having a little trouble keeping it in tune when Bigbying, despite penciling the nut slots etc. Perhaps locking tuners are in order as well as a nut slot check at the Luthiers....

Henry likes this.
  8. Daraithe

Daraithe Electromatic

Feb 6, 2018
    Birmingham, UK
    Welcome! Green is such a great Gretsch colour! Love my 5420T Aspen green! (even if it is currently in pieces while I upgrade! ;))

9. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Nice Annie! Welcome and we also dig JM's......the Gretschiest Fender.

10. doctorock78

doctorock78 Electromatic

Apr 3, 2018
    Honolulu, HI
    Installed the T Armond and so far (medium / low volume test runs) it is RAD!! Need to try at rehearsal volume still but it sounds way spankier / fuller fidelity than the stock HS Filter Tron. I love the idea of having that full clear single coil neck tone OR the raunchy F Tron bridge sound with the flick of a switch. Also swapped positions of selector switch and mud switch to get the mud switch out of accidental toggle range.

T Armond.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    thunder58 likes this.
  11. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Cool, i bet tuners aren't necessary, if you get that nut filed right it will more than likely cure your tuning issues. That and make sure to wind the strings right.

12. ivar83

ivar83 Electromatic

Jan 5, 2018
    Gothenburg
    Welcome and it sounds nice both with the Jazzmaster and the Gretsch guitar!