New other G Day

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Uncle Daddy, Oct 7, 2019.

1. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    I agree on the needs for these but a good friend that plays in a jazz band frequently rolls off the neck pickup tone and adjusts the bridge pickup tone just a little to have his favorite 1,2,3 sounds just from the toggle switch.

2. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Yep...and some fuzzes do cool stuff when you roll off trebles too

3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I use them both, on my LP and SG. Not the neck one alot but i do use it some.

4. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    It's heartening to read reports of Gibson QA seemingly now able to their job properly so that customers can enjoy these fabulous guitars without all that disappointment that careless testing and set up reputation that Gibson had earned itself in recent years.
    Playability with regard to neck profiles is always a matter of personal taste I suppose so I hope you find that your LP, although not what you're perhaps used to, does however endear the guitar to you sufficiently to make it a keeper. If not I've no doubt you'll return it from whence it came!

5. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Well, I've slept on it, and it's going back. The vintage skinny frets and fat neck are an issue for my tiny paws. Shame, but I didn't wake up delighted that it was in the stable. The cold light of day showed up a couple of production issues too.

Oh well, still got my sparkle jet to keep me company. It's almost finished sulking now.

6. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    That's a shame Unka D. Another one will be along.

7. Fredo

Fredo Synchromatic

Jan 18, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    My former LP Jr's bridge sounds nothing like the T-Armond in my Pro Jet. The LP's pu sounds too thin. I blamed it on the 9's I use until I got the T-Armond put into my Pro Jet, also with 9's. Neither pickup is bright, so I turn up the treble on my amp. With my former LP, turning up the treble made the guitar sound harsh. With the Pro Jet, turning up the treble hit the spot. Muscular. Authoritative.

8. ramjac

ramjac Gretschie

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Wait, what?

9. DHart

DHart Gretschie

Jun 26, 2019
    Arizona
    U.D. good call to move it along if it didn't totally rock your world. Guitars are SUPPOSED to totally rock your world, or step aside to make room for one that DOES! I'm wondering just what will be next for you?

P.S. I've returned some VERY nice guitars for fairly minor reasons... but you know when a guitar is just right for you and when it isn't quite the one.

10. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I need this guitar. Love it love it love it. Hope you bond well with her but if you don't...

Had a black Gib LP slab years ago w/P-100's I swapped out for good Gib P-90's. Not a real quality neck and just a slab mahogany, bit beat up, but dang those P-90's rock my boat...and I don't have any.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice