New member, old timer with gretsch

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by The Box, Feb 9, 2020.

Welcome aboard. When do we hear about the crazy issues with the gretsch?

The Box likes this.
  1. The Box

The Box Electromatic

Feb 9, 2020
    Iran
    No worries! ;)
    Yes we have access to American made guitars but they are really expensive. as an example, a $1500 guitar would be $2000 due to shipment fees and import taxes. and an average salary here is about $300 per month. so you have to save all your earnings for 7 months to buy an American made guitar!
    Yes we have music stores and we have online shopping. I bought my own guitar online but my amp in a local music store. I use a Vox VT 80+ myself. my band mates have a fender rumbell and a marshall code. you can find any kind of guitar and amp here if you got the money ;)
    I play mostly Blues and Pro-Rock. I am also leaning Jazz to help me color my songs better. but like other countries people like Pop music the most.
    Hope you got your answers mate :)

Teledriver likes this.
  2. The Box

The Box Electromatic

Feb 9, 2020
    Iran
    Soon my friend, soon! ;)
    now lets talk about sweet things first.

3. Teledriver

Teledriver Gretschie

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    Ah yes...sweet things....Gretsch growl! What song is your favorite to play, or makes the crowd the happiest? You like clean or distorted, or a little in between?

The Box likes this.
  4. The Box

The Box Electromatic

Feb 9, 2020
    Iran
    I've got lots of favorite songs. like "help me through the day" and "have you ever loved a woman" by f.king and "shine on you crazy diamond" and "comfortably numb" by pink floyd. or sometimes my own songs maybe. I think classic rock songs gets the most likes by the crowd. they love solo guitar.
    I mostly prefer overdrive over dist with a lightly cranked amp. I am not a fan of fuzz by the way and only use effects on clean sound. and maybe a little phase on solos.
    I am a fan of pedal platforms although I have got a valvetronix vox amp which is a modeling amp but I barely use the presets, mostly the clean sound and the lightly cranked as I said before.
    yeah, that's my style ;)

Teledriver likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice