New Job = New Gear to come

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Winterwind, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    It took a while, far too long, but I start a new job tomorrow. It's a call centre in financial services. I was hoping to get a job at my local Long & McQuade but they only ever seem to have teaching openings.

I've worked in call centres before. It's easy peasey since the majority of my work history is retail and call centre management and training but what really, really has me excited... two incomes. It's been so hard with my wife as our only income after my EI ran out and...

Lots of new gear! Lots and lots!

Since I'm launching a YouTube channel I'll need a better camera and external mics. Oh, and then there are the Gretsches. Lots of Gretsches to come.

First will be a G5220. I should hear soon if Long & McQuade are going to do the special run in Broadway Jade I pitched them. If not... another colour.

Then a pedalboard. Then the Keeley Memphis Sun.

Then a Tennesse Rose. I listened to every video I could find over the last few nights to reconfirm I love it and, yeah, I love it.

Then... possibly... the George Harrison reissue Jet... or possibly a Ric 620...

So nice to be working again.

2. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Way to go, congratulations, and keep us in the loop about new gear! I have my fingers crossed about a new opportunity myself this week, and it would make a huge difference in how restricted I’ve had to be in my music purchases, so I hear ya.

Merc likes this.
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Big congrats and lots to be excited about!

4. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    It's a great feeling to be back at work ..... I was a construction electrician about 30 years ago and went out of work for 2 years . I lost my home , family and savings . Construction fell to a low around here back then and the economy was bad and no one was hiring . I'm grateful to have my 2 jobs now ( Animal Control and the Utility Company ) ........
    It's a great feeling to be back to work . Walk tall and stand proud ....and enjoy the toys ..... and buy your wife something nice too .
    Best to you my friend

5. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    You know, I was thinking about you when I posted this. It's crazy we live in the same city but met here on the forums and I know you know as well as I do how hard it is finding a job here. My fingers are crossed for you, mate.

@larryb and @thunder58 Thanks. And yeah, I've got a little list of things for my wife. Just glad she doesn't play the guitar too. Well, actually I wish she did but... :)

thunder58, Alberta_Slim and larryb like this.
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Congrats on the new job!
    Call Center? You have thicker skin than I do. Best of luck!
    You'll have earned those new toys!

Alberta_Slim likes this.
  7. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Congrats on the new job!

8. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Congrats! Yes, Memphis Sun......

9. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Congrats on the new job and future purchases. We'll be here to cheer you on for each new thing, as long as you share pictures!

Alberta_Slim likes this.
  10. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Winterwind, congrats on the new job, I hope it works out well for you. Alberta Slim, good luck in your job search. It's tough in Canada right now with our tanking economy.

Winterwind and Alberta_Slim like this.
  11. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Not to get all political, but yeah. And of course, most of the music stuff I'll want to buy is coming from the States, where our dollar is being used (so I hear) as bumwad. Can I say bumwad?

EDIT: Apparently I can.

new6659 likes this.
  12. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    The first day of orientation and the tour of the floor reminded me... oh yeah, it's a call centre. I definitely will be earning my new toys.

And thanks all for the congrats.

Alberta_Slim likes this.
  13. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats on the job.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice