New guy from NY

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by Far To Many, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Welcome!

2. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Welcome aboard from another Firebird lover....unfortunately, I no longer have the 3 that I had owned:(....The red ones are gorgeous BTW!!!!!

blackbird1.jpg blackbird3.jpg blackbird2.jpg

3. Flouswa

Flouswa Synchromatic

Welcome to the gang! Hey @larryb! Looks like we've got another red guitar fanatic for our club!

larryb likes this.
  4. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I know... right?!
    Love RED birds!!!!

Flouswa likes this.
  5. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Far too many what?

Howdy Pard, good to have you here! Spent about 8 months a half hour north of Albany...geez, 35 years ago now...and had a ball. And Thunder, we partied on Lake George a few times.

Granted a non reverse, but cool;

6. Far To Many

Far To Many Electromatic

Dec 31, 2018
    Upstate, NY
    LOL, oddly enough, I am rather particular of colors. The two red Firebirds are the only bright red guitars I have--and probably will have. Not really a red guy to be honest, but to me Firebirds need to be bright red.

If it is going to be red, I really prefer the darker reds---mostly see through finishes with figured tops like I have on my Mockingbird and Schecter 12 string, and 1990 'Bird, but that ones sort of near a typical mahogany Gibson finish as found on SG's

Sunburst is usually just boring to me, and doesn't inspire me for the most part, I don't usually dig black either, however blues, whites, greens, Gretsch orange, and sometimes natural finishes is where I prefer to stay. Oddly though, I don't own to many in those spectrums.

SCHEC_1.JPG BC Rich Mockingbird STC 1.jpg

wildeman, Flouswa and RG7X like this.
  7. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Nebraska
    Howdy! Beautiful guitars BTW.

8. Merc

Merc Gretschie

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Welcome and happy New Year!