New guy from North Yorkshire, UK

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by PlasticOcean, May 23, 2019.

1. PlasticOcean

PlasticOcean Electromatic

May 21, 2019
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Hey all!

Recently joined the forums properly, but have been a long-time lurker. I am completely in love with Gretsch guitars, and I became hooked when I got my first one - an Orange 2016 5420T. Unfortunately sold it on to pay rent, but recently picked up a Streamliner 2420T with the Gold Dust finish and absolutely adore it! This one will be staying with me for life, and I have a few plans for it...

Saw a thread the other day about pulling a few of the pole screws out of the Broad'Trons, and thought I'd give it a try. Currently playing through a Jet City JCA20HV and matching 1x12 cab, absolutely loving the tone! The playability of the guitar itself is amazing, and has got me playing daily again. Hoping to order an ABM 2400 roller bridge tomorrow, and I've been in contact with Jaime from The Creamery to get some tasty pickups sorted (currently undecided on what I'm going to go for at the moment, I'm a big fan of single coils but I really do love the sound of Filter'Trons).

Other than that, I'm just planning to get some G knobs, a metal switch tip, upgrade the pots and switch, some new tuners (potentially the G5400 series ones), a Chet Atkins Bigsby arm, a softer Bigsby spring, and some form of new pickguard (not a big fan of the one that came installed).

Can't wait to get to know everyone on the forums! :)

Aristophon, cowmoo, audept and 6 others like this.
  2. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Welcome to GT. Sounds like you got a lot of work in front of you. We at GT like pics, so send a few of your progress.

PlasticOcean and Jena like this.
  3. PlasticOcean

May 21, 2019
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Thank you! Will get some photos taken of it in its current state when I get in from work this evening, and I'll make sure to take plenty as I get stuff sorted :)

4. Welcome to G-T . . .
    from another Gold-Duster . . .(Streamliner Jr. G2655-LHmodded)
    Good luck with the mods - keep it fun.

How’s ‘bout some Steve Marriott and the Small Faces . . . (?)

fwiw, heard recently Marriott had an audition with the Rolling Stones which he rocked . . . but - as the story goes - Mick Jagger didn’t want to be upstaged by the Small Faces frontman-guitarist.
    Jus’ sayin’

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    PlasticOcean likes this.
  5. PlasticOcean

May 21, 2019
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Thank you! Ahh I would love to get my hands on a 2655T! Had my eyes on the Imperial Stain version, just need to make space in the house and get my parts sorted for the 2420

6. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Welcome to the gang. Yorkshire is one of my favorite places in the whole world, totally enjoyed my visits there and long overdue for a trip back!

Jena, PlasticOcean and thunder58 like this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Hi new guy from UK . I'm old guy from NY . Glad you joined , you gunna love it here .
    Welcome friend :)

PlasticOcean likes this.
  8. PlasticOcean

May 21, 2019
    North Yorkshire, UK
    It's such a beautiful place! Glad you love it over here. Whitby is one of my all-time favourite places to be, I try to get myself over there as often as I can

Flouswa and new6659 like this.
  9. NSM245

NSM245 Synchromatic

May 7, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi, nice to have a Yorkshireman on board. I've had some good times in Yorkshire, mainly in the Leeds/Bradford area; some great guitar players have come from Yorkshire. You'll like it here, most of us are friendly, and there are folks here who can advise you, and advise you very well, about pretty much every aspect of Gretsch guitars that you might want to know about.

PlasticOcean likes this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Welcome to Gretschville!

PlasticOcean likes this.
  11. PlasticOcean

May 21, 2019
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Thank you very much :) Yorkshire is brilliant, so much to do and see, and plenty of awesome venues too!

This place has been my go-to choice whenever I've been looking things up, and the knowledge and expertise that you guys have is incredible! No doubt I will be after a bit of advice on plenty of things in the future.. I always have a habit of running into problems with my guitar projects

Aristophon and NSM245 like this.
  12. NSM245

NSM245 Synchromatic

May 7, 2011
    Scotland
    Ah....."guitar projects".....two of the favourite words around here. We like photos and progress reports about them....just sayin' :)

I assume you have a camera ;)

Aristophon, PlasticOcean and Jena like this.
  13. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Welcome to Gretsch-Talk PlasticOcean, and congrats on your 2420! I look forward to reading about the mods as you progress.

PlasticOcean likes this.
  14. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Hi PO and Welcome :)!

PlasticOcean likes this.
  15. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
  16. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to the nut house sir!:)

Congrats on the new geet too.

PlasticOcean likes this.
  17. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
  18. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
    Welcome, and congrats for your Streamliner.
    Short tip about G-T etiquette: pics and you will get much more enthusiastic greetings ;)

PlasticOcean likes this.
  19. PlasticOcean

May 21, 2019
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Ahhh thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone! I'll make sure to get some photos uploaded ASAP! :)

NSM245 likes this.
  20. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, PlasticOcean!
    vintage_grunge_uk_flag_union_jack_doormat.jpg

PlasticOcean likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice