Join Gretsch-Talk Today

New Gretsch Owner

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by wvincagold, Jan 10, 2018.

1. NJDevil

NJDevil Gretschie

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Started a new job so I'm seriously considering a Streamliner in a few months. I really like the 5620T-CB. I just learned they are Electromatics but I think of them as Streamliners!

2. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Wait until you're in your fifties. I thought a gold top lespaul was a lemon drop lp a short bit ago. Same thing. Little screen old eyes poor resolution. It happens.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Really the biggest difference besides some trim is electromatics is made in Korea and the streamliners in Indonesia. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. But the electromatics do have upgraded electronics and hardware but the build is very similiar. From what I have read, the one thing the company wanted was to keep the Gretsch formula whomever made the guitar. They wanted no matter the price range for the owner to know they were playing a Gretsch. They nailed it IMHO.

MarkyMac, Jet_streamliner and NJDevil like this.
  4. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    Only the Electro hollow bodies are made in Korea. The Jets are made in China.

5. MarkyMac

MarkyMac Gretschie

Great story, and welcome to our fun filled gang.
    I shouted myself a G2655t for my 55th Birthday. So just maybe folks... '50 Something' birthdays = NGD's?
    Enjoy mate. Glad to hear ur lovin' ur Streamliner.

wvincagold likes this.
  6. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Thanks I was not sure on the country of origin, today who knows. I heard one guitar company has everything made overseas but assembles it here so.they can say american manufactured or assembled or something like that.

Well what can I say its been almost 3 weeks. And I am still enamoured with this guitar. I have one more gu

7. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Guitar event in my life, retirement, so I am pretty sure that will now be another Gretsch. It will be the most expensive in my meager collection, and who knows things can change but I never fell in love with a guitar like i have with this one. Love the sound, how it plays, how it smells and how it looks.

8. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    In case of Gretsch it doesn't really matter, because all Gretsches are superb in their price range compared to competitors. But for sure, Prolines beat the rest, and current production are the best Gretsches ever made.

Fact is, you are another victim of the Gretsch virus :D

wvincagold likes this.
  9. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    One thing that impressed me was reading about the streamliners was how they had to conform to the Gretsch "formula" or "recipe" so theproduction has strict guidelines. I can see why they went the extra mile. Yes I got it bad. The virus that is.