New Electromatic Review

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by jackfossett, Jul 23, 2019.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    OOB = Old Orchard Beach? Also, excellent playing!
    I only ask as I spent a few summer vacations at Popham Beach as a teenager. We used to hear rumours of the wild beach to the south filled with French Canadian girls..

calebaaron666 and jackfossett like this.
  2. jackfossett

jackfossett Electromatic

Jul 17, 2019
    Maine
    That sounds about right!

pmac11 likes this.
  3. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Fun review, thanks. But I’m biased, love my Fairlane Blue 5420. And yes, those Blacktops sure can give a warm tone when ya want it.

I was about to start working on a couple 12 bar blues solo bits I’ve been perfecting. I was going to use my 5622, after watching your vid I’m think going to grab my 5420 out of the rack instead.

3AE184D2-183D-47E4-9BF3-162C19149A47.jpeg

jackfossett, MikeSchindler and GlenP like this.
  4. Wjensen

Wjensen Electromatic

May 25, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Nice review, and nice playing. I like a relatively clean sound, and your review certainly highlighted the clean sounds you can achieve with the 5420. Yes, Gretsches are well known to be Country/Western guitars, but I believe they are very versatile. They are great for rock and jazz as well.

Wade

jackfossett likes this.
  5. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Synchromatic

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Nice picking, Jack, and a very comfortable and informative review. I got a new orange 5422 about 18 months ago, and it’s a fine instrument. I would have gotten that beautiful blue (Thank you, Brian Setzer) 5420, but I got a too-good-to-be-true deal on the 5420 from GC, so here I am. Oh, and "here" is the other Portland. ;)

Thanks for posting.

jackfossett likes this.
  6. jackfossett

jackfossett Electromatic

Jul 17, 2019
    Maine
    Awesome! Nice looking bunch you have there ~

7. jackfossett

jackfossett Electromatic

Jul 17, 2019
    Maine
    Thanks! Haha usually our Portland thinks of themselves as "the other Portland" -- apparently people have more edge and street cred if they have a chip on your shoulder?

8. jackfossett

jackfossett Electromatic

Jul 17, 2019
    Maine
    I agree! I was glad that it arrived with Flatwounds so I could add that part in - I don't personally use flatwounds but I felt it was a cool and unique thing to add to the review.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice