New Bridge Day!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by stiv, May 30, 2017.

1. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Here at last!
    I bought it a couple of months ago. It's a rocking bar bridge I found on an italian website, coming from a pre FMIC Western 6120, that the guy stated was an '89 like my Nashville. He sold the guitar with a Compton replacement, so this he put the original bridge on the market and I grabbed it for cheap (around 40 euros, all included).
    It's been a bit of a bet as I didn't know my neck radius and if could match the bridge radius, but I imagined that, coming from the same year of production, the two may match.
    My guitar tech installed it last week and I've already tested it on the road (I had a gig last saturday, with a band that plays Neil Young covers). It felt good and sounded good. No extra noises added (like in my old stock roller bridge), especially on the high E that was the string who suffered most from the rollers (everytime you played it there was a sort of "slapping" sound along with the note), and I felt that a bit of extra sustain and note clarity has been added. So good!
    P.s. Tip for the guys who wants to play Neil Young-sounding solos on a Gretsch: you need one of those 80's Deluxe Memory Man (and a big single coil pickup, like a De Armond or a P90)... man, those things have a pre circuit that can really boost your signal... It's like having a boost and a delay together in a pedal. I played the whole gig with just my Wampler Black '65 always on (my main amp has a very good built in reverb) and that pedal alone for solos. Sweet!
    IMG_20170527_111158.jpg

2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I have one on my 5120 , love it

stiv likes this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Congrats man, always feels good to find something that works better. And speaking of preamps n delays, if you are unaware.......take a look at the Nocturne Mystery Brain. It may be right up your alley. ;)

stiv likes this.
  4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congrats on finding a deal on the bridge, and getting the tone you wanted!

stiv likes this.
  5. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice