New Billy Bo Day...x 2

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by dafreeze, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:07 PM.

1. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Not gonna believe this.

I week ago I bought DrumBobs BillyBo the Englishman made for him. Will arrive Friday after asking him not to ship right away so I could be sure to be off work and at home when it arrived.

I can’t wait.

Turns out, that can be taken literally.

You see what I really want is the same guitar, only in vintage white nitro with a Bigsby.

Guess what...I began talking with the man who has the only one I’d found...brand new, one of a Limited Edition run of 16 made in ‘16...but all I did was to message him and ask a simple question.

He came back and made me an offer! I...had to refuse. But he was close. I countered like the Guitar Stud I am.

And he accepted.

Son of a...

Here’s a couple teaser pics, un-ala-TSims...:)

Nuts, I only have one shot of the EMan on my phone and the site tells me to pound sand, the file’s too big...here’s the link to the Englishman’s build thread, which we’ve all drooled over.

http://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/drumbobs-billy-bo.159398/

And here’s the other. Shipping from World Famous Fuller Guitars out of Houston and I just got tracking but arrival date yet to be computed.

I don’t know if I’m really smart or really dumb, I like to think the former but I do know I’m really, really stoked.

To be continued..,

E7231E00-E16B-4ED5-BE0D-358719481FFB.png 22E81926-AC74-4C8D-9A7E-324683B9057B.png 73436DD3-9FCF-44BF-9F8B-302349BB48B2.jpeg C7BC5940-F57A-4679-B641-7168B7ED4EA9.png

2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Lucky devil!
    Both guitars are KILLER!!
    Love Bo Diddley more than words can express!

I want to start a campaign to extract the “Billy” from Billy Bo.
    ;)

ponca, gretschbo and dafreeze like this.
  3. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Your cup runneth over, congrats!

Merc and dafreeze like this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Ni-iiiii-ice! Congrats double time.

dafreeze likes this.
  5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Congrats! Now we will need a side by side comparison....and see if a custom built Eman for a 1/3rd of the price is as good, if not better;)

dafreeze likes this.
  6. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
  7. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    well, you landed my dream Bo. that one and the western orange one are the ones I loooove.

My Brown Bear custom Bo is such an amazing player it instantly made me want more. unfortunately, my busted up hand makes the baseball bat neck on mine nearly impossible to play. let us know how this one is when you get it! cant wait to see/hear more.

dafreeze likes this.
  8. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    FRIGGIN' DROOLING OVERHERE! I've wanted one of those Falcon/Penguin Billy Bo's for YEARS!

dafreeze likes this.
  9. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Thanks Cal and yup, he didn't seem to get as much credit and respect as I felt he should. Huge influence on many and is a major Rock and Roll King. He put one over on Ed Sullivan, too!

And I hear what you're saying...Jupiter Thunderbird! But I've also been a huge fan of Billy Gibbons since Tres Hombres came out and Bo gave him one which resulted in us getting these.

Thanks Beardog, I've been working a chit-ton of OT and gotta spend it on something!

Double thanks, Doc!

Yup, you're ratio is right on and I'm sure they're both going to be killer and I'm pleased as punch with what I paid for each. If I was to cut some quality demo's you all would...need to be kind

Ha ha!... bit of a drive for me, though

Of all the guitars I've lusted for since practically birth, the Jupiter Thunderbird is the only non traditional shape thats ever tripped my trigger. I certainly will and bummer to hear about your hand. Will it improve? And I'd love to see your Brown Bear Custom.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM
    larryb likes this.
  10. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Pretty sweet, I hear you...seemed a bit out of reach for me so it'd been close to the bottom of my bucket...and I swore off buyiing brand new guitars over about 12 years ago but this one is special

11. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    OMG! I would sell my right side kidney (that one with he plastic tubes ) to own this beauty. Big, big congrats. That one is such a beauty.

dafreeze likes this.
  12. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    This one is really a guitar to die for...

dafreeze likes this.
  13. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

...the one with the tube in it...I just sprayed a little beans and rice on my monitor

Thanks Bud, and I was thinking maybe of changing my screen name but would need your blessing and opinion...LoudNLousy2 or LoudNLousyToo

I'm still working on just giving a tube laden kidney for her

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 9:46 PM
    loudnlousy and new6659 like this.
  14. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I had one of the Fuller WF Billy-Bos which now belongs to forum member Penguin. Mine was from the first run of 16. Since then Fullers has had another 2 runs of the WF version plus a few more variations including green sparkle and orange flame mapl,e top. They are all really great guitars, enjoy yours to the max!

Penguin and dafreeze like this.
  15. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Gretschie

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    IMG_5825.JPG IMG_5824.JPG

Here's my custom Bo. It's a beautiful thing for sure. congrats on getting your dream guitar!

16. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I absolutely will, thank you. What year was that first run issued, Mate? Super and SuperTronPlus as well? And what flavor Compton would you recommend, titanium?

Gorgeous BA. And SuperTrons...which Compton have you got on there?

He had some great album covers and Bo Knows Country!

And hey, I'm watching my favorite Guy speak down in El Paso as I type!

17. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Mine was a 2010 with Supertron/Supertron + and I put a Compton Titanium Tone chamber bridge on it

dafreeze likes this.
  18. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Thank you, no regrets on the bridge I recon? (That's what I was thinking, btw)

19. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

DrumBob told me the EnglishmanBillyBo sports PowerTrons, from what I understand the Billy Bo's come with what I've pic'd below from the Penguin e82gbgc1khxobekhm3a6.jpg tsbyp0mzg2bpdcaim3zn.jpg ,

thunder58 likes this.