New album released

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by mbkri, Mar 6, 2019.

1. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    For the past couple of years (and albums) i have contributed guitar parts to a band that i love back in the UK though i record my parts here in Chicago.
    Slunq are a curious blend of industrial punk and melacholic bizarreness that draw influence from the mathematical compositions of Philip Glass and the thumping energy of Killing Joke, the wit and curiosity of The Cardiacs and the menace of Nine Inch Nails. We are all rooted in British first wave punk and have known eachother since the seventies.
    Anyhow they just released an instrumentalalbum and i play on tracks 1,5,6 and 10.
    Heres a link to my favourite. You can hear my 6130 Roundup most clearly entering at 40seconds and at 2.08, but its wandering in and out of the mix throughout.
    Its not going to win over the Chet fanatics, but its what i do best. Id love to get some Gretschtalk perspectives.
    https://slunq.bandcamp.com/track/what-brought-you-here

2. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I like it. Very cinematic, like it should be the score to an action sequence in a stylish vampire action flick or the credits of an edgy David Fincher movie. Hopefully there's not a wrong way to take that, but if so I didn't mean it that way ;)

mbkri likes this.
  3. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Nothing wrong with reminding you of edgy films! Marvellous. Another huge influence is John Barry whose 60s filmscores and orchestral arrangements are both beautiful and sinister. An edgy movie soundtrack would be a dream come true for Slunq

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  4. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice