National Puppy Day

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:54 AM.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    My favorite breed is Rescued.

new6659, dak55, radd and 5 others like this.
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Sheba is a rescue dog.

wabash slim likes this.
  3. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    7EA370A1-2E70-4C15-8897-BCF921CBA7A0.jpeg Ella is an old old rescued English Lab who loves to hang out with Mrs FluffyPants on the couch. Ella raised our three sons with Sherry and I and now shes just plain tired. We love her so.

4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Dogs have no sense of relative size. Big dogs can be chased away by little ones.

new6659 and radd like this.
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    The smallest pet in our house, no dog messes with and they give him a wide birth when he enters the room.

Gus

16070AAE-10D4-4E12-9377-BCB06F67A7FA.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020 at 9:56 PM
  6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I love rescues too!! He is a rescue of course so he's bigger on personality than looks. This was one of his younger moments, when he wouldnt stop drinking pool water so he sort of game himself a dye job on the beard n paws. 66112666-7442-42E7-8FBB-2A93F2207C21_1_201_a.jpeg

7. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    My last rescue, put her down a year or two ago. I still miss her.

1B393649-A246-4CE8-AEC3-F5A790DB5874.jpeg

8. afire

afire Country Gent

It's so weird. It doesn't make a lot of survival sense. I wonder if its because the size variance is a relatively recent development in their evolution, and they all just assume that they're average sized wolves.

drmilktruck, new6659 and Sabato like this.
  9. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Nice doggie. Amka was a late ‘30s Dutch guitar brand. Mainly electrified archtops and lapsteels. Folded in 1950, owner moved to the US. I strongly suspect my lapsteel is an Amka. Now you know.;)

10. Gewdkharma

Gewdkharma Electromatic

Jan 14, 2018
    Gig Harbor, WA
  11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Somebody told me it's because little dogs are viewed as puppies by big dogs, so they get confused when the smaller ones don't act like puppies.

12. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    He's brave to sleep below that bike! Hope it's anchored well. :eek:

13. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I had two German Shepherds at the same time, one was a longhair, we used to have "tumbleweeds" of dog hair everywhere and when I brushed them I used to say I just gained a cat....

14. DennisC

DennisC Synchromatic

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Agreed in any imaginable totality!

Across any preferences, species, ... I'm a cat-guy anyway, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like other animals (of course not - I'm actually a bit ashamed when one of my fellow feline-people feels the need to talk down other animals - it's about matching, not about being better or worse...). There are enough of those animals we love at our homes that everyone wanting one to share his life with should at least consider adopting one who - it's who, not that - already exists. Don't see the point of making more while there are more dogs (and other animals) than dogs in a loving home.

However, I have no idea who this dog is, at who's place he lived, the only thing I know is my Dad must have known one of his/her humans in the late seventies. Found it while scanning old photographies. Looks cute, and, to my non-expert eyes, looks young, not fully grown up, but I may be wrong on this. No dog expert by any means...

IMG_20200320_0012.jpg

IMG_20200320_0016.jpg

IMG_20200320_0017.jpg

Attached Files:

G DynaTron, new6659, audept and 2 others like this.
  15. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Due to health issues, it's impossible for me to keep up with another dog, as much as that pains me. My daughter has one, but it's definitely her dog. I really wanted another dog, so we now have four cats. That's my wife's doing. We've always had more cats than dogs---it seems better to have at least two cats at a time so they amuse each other. I realize that dogs should have a buddy as well; it's just me usually. I love the critters---always get them farm fresh, never paid for one. There are too many out there that need homes than to pay for an inbred puppy mill victim.

new6659, DennisC and drmilktruck like this.
  16. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    My boys made it to 12 and 13, they were 3 years apart. It's been a few years but I can't have anymore doggies because my heart's still broken.
    upload_2020-3-25_15-23-26.png

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice