Join Gretsch-Talk Today

NAMM ‘18!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jan 10, 2018.

1. DavidLee

DavidLee Synchromatic

Oct 11, 2014
    Des Moines
    How about this version?

[​IMG]

2. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Whoa. That Jazz Tele will be mine.

Wulfgang likes this.
  4. DavidLee

DavidLee Synchromatic

Oct 11, 2014
    Des Moines
    [​IMG]

5. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    I want a guitar with a trim-OH-low. Speech impediment, stroke, lousy English teacher? :)

6. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    meteora.jpg

What the heck?!
    It's so ugly that that big Strat headstock looks almost attractive.
    Trouble is, once Leo came up with the Telecaster, Stratocaster and Jaguar/Jazzmasters he'd covered all the bases and it's virtually impossible to get any better. This offering is just, well, totally unnecessary.
    I'd even rather buy a Reverend than this....nothing wrong with Reverend guitars I'm told but they all look ugly to me.....but I'm thinking any Reverend's better looking than this, probably plays and sounds better too!

7. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    I honestly think I have come up with the ultimate Fender, and no, I'm not kidding around. I played one of those Jazzcasters and really liked it. It's the first solid-body which has caught my eye in quite a while. So . . . what if . . . you used a Jazzmaster body, Tele neck with maple fingerboard, Strat Trim-OH-Low, Tele bridge pickup and either a humbucker or hot Tele neck pickup? I'm not kidding, man.

That would be one HOT Fender. Nothing sounds like a Tele bridge pickup and I love a Strat trem'. The JM body can be very comfortable to play, and the Tele control set is hard to improve upon.

8. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Well I'll be there all 4 days and this year my band isn't playing at the Show so I'll have a little more time to wander around (though we are playing across the street at Downtown Disney on Sunday evening, after the Show closes). The tempting tidbits Reverend has been throwing out are intriguing, and just hanging around the booth makes for great guitarist-gawking, as all manner of players stop by and schmooze. Quilter is hinting at some new stuff they'll be introducing, and Gretsch always has something up its sleeve. The Convention Center has never needed an "anchor," lately Gibson, Fender/Gretsch/Jackson/etc., Taylor, et al ensconce themselves in upstairs (enormous) suites so the main floors can remain the mind-numbing din they are so deservedly reputed to be. This isn't the first time Gibson bailed on a NAMM Show, so I don't think their absence be that big a deal.

What I look forward to most are the new, goofy, probably-their-only-time-at-NAMM vendors and the products they (attempt to) bring to market. And if it's goofy, quirky, or just plain silly, you can bet I'll be there to make fun of it.

And the post-Show live entertainment in the surrounding are is astounding at night. It often starts a week beforehand when people coming for NAMM book other gigs so they can make a little more during their trip to the Show. Gretsch will have to really have something spectacular if they intend to outdo last year's Darrel Higham/Jeff Beck/Duane Eddy show, though.

Wulfgang likes this.
  9. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    OMG, I would have loved to see that.

10. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    Actually the MODERNE looked a lot like that

Robbie likes this.
  11. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

The only problem with this is I really don’t like the Jazzmaster body(just kinda big...awkward...)and a Strat NECK pickup tone is one of the best things Fender offers!

12. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    The Strato-Tele is sorta cool. I can dig some of the Teles, but that Jag-Strat just doesn't look right to me.

Robbie likes this.
  13. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    I never think that I look as if I'm wearing a white dress when I play a Strat. A kilt, maybe. :)

14. radd

radd Gretschie

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
  15. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    I'll covet the Jag-Strat

16. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    You should be coming to Las Vegas to see the Stray Cats show. If I can make it, you can make it. :)

17. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    I like it too. Replace the Tele neck pickup with a P90 or a TVJ Filter'tron and you have a guitar that would be hard to beat

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  18. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal