Join Gretsch-Talk Today

NAMM ‘18!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jan 10, 2018.

1. fraz

fraz Synchromatic

Nov 21, 2010
    New Jersey
    Pretty sure I'm going to get one. I got a thing for offset guitars, and the maple fingerboard with the black inlays looks killer in my opinion. Looks-wise, it ticks all my boxes. And in the end, it is essentially a Telecaster. What's not to like?

2. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    Does it come in sea foam green? :p:cool:

Setzerhotrod and ponca like this.
  3. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I've met Tavo before and can vouch that they is modeled on his actual brain. :)

Speaking of brains, mine must be in trouble, because I'm having a hallucination that there's a gorilla playing a double bass. :)

I'm thinking Gibson RD.

I like the JazzCaster better, but if the price were on the ground . . .

So there won't be an armed encampment inside the Anaheim Convention Center. Awwww!
    That alone should raise property values in Orange County.
    Why do I have the impression that someday he will undergo court-mandated psychiatric examination?
    I think it's a social thing as much as anything else. I've been to several and found them interesting, but even the first time, one day was enough.

ponca likes this.
  4. MRey

MRey Electromatic

Feb 7, 2011
    IL
    I am 100% in agreement. People are crying it signals the end of Gibson but they forget what NAMM is, it’s a venue to show your wares and hopefully get dealers to buy them, plenty of other avenues for that these days.
    NAMM could disappear tomorrow and the big brands would be fine, the smaller guys would have to get more creative.

ponca likes this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    No , the better question is " why am I not going to NAMM " .... just once I'd love to go

6. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I’ve not done the NAMM in Anaheim, but I’ve played for several companies/times as an “artist” at the SumerNAMM show in Nashville. That show is much smaller than the California ordeal, but it’s pretty fun nonetheless. Plus it’s in the greatest music city in the country.......so the after parties and available live music all over is pretty awesome.

You’d love NAMM man. It’s a ball for a day.

thunder58 and Wulfgang like this.
  7. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    [​IMG]

rockinforJesus and TSims1 like this.
  8. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    OK, that body, in a 3 tone sunburst, with a rosewood fingerboard, & maybe a trio of P90s. Then it would be unique enough to warrant my attention. Oh, the headstock is fine, properly proportioned to the body.

Tony65x55 likes this.
  9. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
  10. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    c'mon now it looks like a 70s fender guitar instead of some half melted pointy 80s Katana meets Lace guitar reject :) :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    fitflatpicker likes this.
  11. WannaGretsch

WannaGretsch Gretschie

Oct 23, 2012
    ALASKA
    Small color change and some P-90s and THIS version is perfect for Unknown Hinson!!

12. WannaGretsch

WannaGretsch Gretschie

Oct 23, 2012
    ALASKA
    So is NAMM like a shopping mall? Does it need the "anchor" on each end for the smaller retailers to survive? Just thinking that if the big brands are not there, does it strain the show as a doable deal?

13. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Other than the cheap looking Tele hardware, pickguard and those ‘70s block inlays I love it!

pilgrim likes this.
  14. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

How DARE YOU?!? I just urped on my favorite shirt.

You have RUINED my wife and I’s date night to the Golden Corral!!!!

15. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    big headstock.png

16. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    It's essentially a Telecaster. That's fine, Telecasters are good and an offset one is a good idea... but that's why they did a thing called the Offset Telecaster last year. This is called the Meteora, so why is it basically a Tele? It just seems like if they're going to launch a whole new model with a new Jetsons body shape they could do a lot more to set it apart. Imagine if this had a Broadcaster bridge pickup and a Jaguar neck pickup. And the four way switch and phase switch from the AmPro Jaguar, while we're at it. And a trem. And imagine it came in two finishes: purple sparkle with a pearloid guard and silver sparkle with an anodized gold guard, both with a rosewood board and matching headstock. That would be something different.

rockinforJesus, Wulfgang and TSims1 like this.
  17. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I have spared a good person from the Golden Food Additive! My live is complete

18. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    I like the big Strat headstock. It's my Fender fav. I don't like the goofy Starcaster one. Bring back the big CBS Strat headstock.

englishman and ponca like this.
  19. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    nickurso and Henry like this.