Join Gretsch-Talk Today

NAMM ‘18!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    So who’s going, what are the rumors, what are the new products, what do you want to see etc?

I thought it’d be cool to have one big thread where we could post all NAMM news and related product launches etc. Make it easy for us all to get the scoop, and eventually links for new products...

englishman likes this.
  2. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I’m excited to see the new Reverend offerings.......some of their promo has been teasing some fresh products......

ponca and Robbie like this.
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    oooh Reverends!!!
    :cool:

TSims1 likes this.
  4. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    I see Mark Bartel (of Tone King fame) is going with his new line of amps. I've been following on Facebook and the build quality looks through the roof... as well as the price! Would still love to hear one in person though. He's using power scaling.

http://bartelamps.com/

JHall55 likes this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Oh yeah man. Been a lotta buzz about these......I’m excited to see what’s what too.....

JHall55 likes this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Anybody got any kind of scoop on what Gretsch is doing this year?

7. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Those look cool. I love my Tone King.

TSims1 likes this.
  8. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Mobile, Al
    I heard through the grapevine (les paul forums) that Gibson will not be at NAMM this year

9. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I'll be excited to see if any new things are coming with the Streamliner series. Guessing it'll probably just be new colors, though.

fitflatpicker likes this.
  10. Rodney Gene

Rodney Gene Synchromatic

Mar 30, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Ya'll want some vid or pics of anything just PM me. I'll be happy to get for you. I'll be in So Cal for 5 days, 3 of them trolling NAMM. I have a couple booth performances and many visits to friends and companies I work with, generally lot's of down time at NAMM during the day if you aren't working a booth. Gibson is indeed a no-show this year but a couple of cool 2018 Gibsons models will show up in the market place after NAMM I want to check out. And if any of ya'll are interested in live NAMM music, Ill be gigging Thursday Jan 25th in Burbank with Tommy Harkenrider and Gretsch guitar ace Paul Pigat. Also Sat Jan 27th, the Grez clinic this year with the same dynamic duo and Saturday night at the Kid Ramos jam. Should get plenty of vid and plenty of fun! Feel free to hit me up, happy to be a fly on the wall for you. Cheers, RG - Here's a couple of cool flyers for Saturday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stefan, DaddyDog, Trash Kidd and 7 others like this.
  11. Rodney Gene

Rodney Gene Synchromatic

Mar 30, 2014
    Austin Texas
    BTW, I am going under the Carr artist banner this year but Carr won't be showing. When they do...they always share a booth with Reverend, so you can count on seeing Carr amps at the Reverend booth generally. I'll be stopping by to plug in and or listen /ogle to the new offerings either way. Greg Koch can be counted on to demo Reverend stuff at NAMM. That in itself is enough entertainment for the whole show! I'll try to pop in here and report if I can -

CatTones, thunder58 and TSims1 like this.
  12. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I’d still like to see them overall the Electro Jet range like they did with the 5420s. Love to see an Electro Jet with single coils too!

bryansong65 likes this.
  13. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Like to see an affordable ( Electromatic ) Billy Bo

Trash Kidd and Jet_streamliner like this.
  14. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I seem to have heard that too

15. Byron

Byron Gretschie

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    Me too!

thunder58 and Jet_streamliner like this.
  16. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    I'd love to see Gretsch come out with a new 'low end' Dearmond type single coil pickup in the Electromatic range. I don't think they will because it would potentially detract from Pro-line sales if it was a success.

New two colour finishes from the 50s car schemes would be nice.

17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Totally agree

18. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I will be handing out Nocturne Squishy Brains at the show as well as Nocturne Guitar picks! look for us weirdos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    DavidLee likes this.